Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 31 Oct 19, 12:34 AM  
Link to this Post
michala
Excited about Disney

Airport to grocery shop to WDW Dolphin

Getting Uber or lyft from the Airport but wanted to stop and get some food and drink items on the way to resort. Which shop would you head for? Nothing super big or too busy as it will be Xmas Eve and we want to get to our resort as soon as possible and avoid traffic too. Thanks x
michala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 19, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Not a lift share service, but some Towncar services offer a short supermarket stop as part of their bookable deal. I’ve used Tiffany Towncar in the past but not for four years so wouldn’t recommend them specifically them as don’t have recent experience.
Old 1 Nov 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jim jehosofat
Imagineer

Mobile

I think that you'd need an uber or lyft to the shops, unload all your luggage, do your shopping and then book another uber/lyft from the shops to your hotel. Too much hassle for me, might be best to get to hotel and check in and then go shopping.
jim jehosofat is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

What time yu arrive may limit where you can go. Many of the major stores close early so convenience stores may be your only option.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 19, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
michala
Excited about Disney

I wonder if I might be better ordering garden grocer for when we arrive. Not done this before is it easy? Are they expensive? Will they deliver xmas eve?
michala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Garden grocer may meet your needs, at the Dolphin you can also walk to the gas station by the Boardwalk and there is a small convenience store within this that will be open. A (possible?) alternative would be to hire a car at MCO, stop drive to the dolphin, stop at any supermarket you see that is open and do a quick shop there. Alamo have a car hire place in the Dolphin so you could drop off the vehicle as you arrive and avoid any parking charges. I have hired a car with same day drop off but different pick up and return locations for roughly £40 plus petrol, may be more if you want a big car/minivan. The gas station next to the hotel would also be an easy place to refuel before drop off - probably used £5-8 gas depending on size of car and how far you drove looking for a store.

We are also arriving xmas eve and hiring a car for the first week. The helpful dibbers we are renting a townhouse from checked and target should be open until 10pm xmas eve though walmart are closing at 6, I can't check Publix as it wont let me see their site due to being based in the uk.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Nov 19, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
angelbabe
Imagineer

I don’t think they deliver to Swan or Dolphin because of the parking charges. We don’t.

OP, most supermarkets close early on Christmas Eve so depending what time you arrive, an Uber/Lyft might be your best option or even buying from their own convenience store onsite for the basics if you arrive late.
angelbabe is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List