Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 12 Jan 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
graydad
I have Ears

Really enjoyed your trip report any plans for your next trip
graydad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 20, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by graydad View Post
Really enjoyed your trip report any plans for your next trip
Thank you for reading. We wouldn’t rush back to cheddar’s but equally we wouldn’t rule it out either. It’s a shame you had a bad experience.

Yes, I’ll be doing a trip report for our next holiday, a Route 66 road trip 😁🚗

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just binged your trippie it made me hungry and also wrote a list for our upcoming trip! You guys ate well all looked delicious 😋
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Lynda, no idea how I missed this thread so I'm gonna catch up Hope you had an amazing trip xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Checkers looks like fab value ... much better than that airport sandwich

We love a Denny's breakfast and yours looks so nice, even nicer with the price tag. The coupons help so much don't they. We've never stayed in a villa before so it's good to see the sort of stuff you buy for it (the cleaning stuff anyway) Longhorns looks fab, as you know it's a favourite of ours and I'm definitely getting Flo's Filet next time too!

Such a shame you didn't enjoy Polite Pig, like you I've heard great reviews, but I'm like Neil and I don't like BBQ so I don't think I'll like it either but Mr Grump would really enjoy it. Amorettes is now on our list for next time drinking wine the spa sounds like my kind of night.

What a bargain for breakfast, where else could you get 2 meals, 2 drinks, and 1 consisting of steak for less than $25. Another I think we might add to the list. Neil looks so happy with his beer Applebees was a bit disappointed, I don't think I'd have left any tip at all to be fair!

The portion sizes at Kekes looks huge and it all looks so yummy. Aww that pic of the girls is so cute! It's great to have those memories to look back on. So glad you had a better experience at Chilis.

What a shame about Cracker Barrel but at least you gave it a try. Got to love a Blaze pizza and they're such good value too!

We loved Perkins another one of our favourites but as you say the menu is huge. I think they should give an option of smoked or non smoked items. Total bargain for the price too Olive Garden is on our list for May as we enjoyed it so much too, so glad to see you had another good meal.

I'll catch up with the rest of the report in a bit but loving it so far X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 20, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Today was such a great food day, the gas station food looked nice and reasonable too. Don't think I've heard of Arby's but it appears it's very reasonable and tasty. Mr Grump and I were talking about Culvers as I'd read about it on another report, seems like a good place to go and everything looks nice too.

Breakfast looked really nice and the nachos did too, shame the nachos weren't great though. The bread in Outback is lovely isn't it, it's probably one of the only thing's we enjoyed, I'm glad to see you had a better experience, it does look very tasty!

The pies from Perkins look lovely, something we definitely need to try. I know what you mean about chinese but as long as it tastes nice it doesn't matter.

IHOP looks quite nice, think it's one we need to give a second chance to at some point. Can't say I've ever heard of Logans, it looks quite nice. Neil looks so happy with his beer

Oh no sounds like a terrible start to day 11. Oh no I'd have loved to hear about the rocket launch as we'd love to see one too. Teaks looks so nice, those burgers look so tasty. That's very odd they expect between 20 and 25% tip! I'd have just tipped what you normally would too.

Sweet Tomatoes seems like there's so much choice, another restaurant I've heard good things about and your plates look nice. Texas Roadhouse is another we've heard about and those skins look amazing, right up our street. Glad you managed to get the coupon, always makes it feel much tastier with a coupon

I'm so glad you had another trip to Perkins We weren't too impressed with Millers either

Looks like you didn't have too bad of a food day on the return home either which is good.

Thank you so much for doing the report Lynda, I know how much time it takes and it really is appreciated and you have added some new places to our list so thank you again xx
Old 25 Jan 20, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Wordsworth
Very Serious Dibber

I’ve enjoyed reading your whole report today, thank you for sharing!
Wordsworth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Just binged your trippie it made me hungry and also wrote a list for our upcoming trip! You guys ate well all looked delicious 😋
Thank you for reading - glad we could help with some restaurant suggestions. We did indeed eat well, mostly anyway!

Originally Posted by Wordsworth View Post
I’ve enjoyed reading your whole report today, thank you for sharing!
Thank you for reading - I'm glad you enjoyed it

Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jan 20, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Checkers looks like fab value ... much better than that airport sandwich

We love a Denny's breakfast and yours looks so nice, even nicer with the price tag. The coupons help so much don't they. We've never stayed in a villa before so it's good to see the sort of stuff you buy for it (the cleaning stuff anyway) Longhorns looks fab, as you know it's a favourite of ours and I'm definitely getting Flo's Filet next time too!

Such a shame you didn't enjoy Polite Pig, like you I've heard great reviews, but I'm like Neil and I don't like BBQ so I don't think I'll like it either but Mr Grump would really enjoy it. Amorettes is now on our list for next time drinking wine the spa sounds like my kind of night.

What a bargain for breakfast, where else could you get 2 meals, 2 drinks, and 1 consisting of steak for less than $25. Another I think we might add to the list. Neil looks so happy with his beer Applebees was a bit disappointed, I don't think I'd have left any tip at all to be fair!

The portion sizes at Kekes looks huge and it all looks so yummy. Aww that pic of the girls is so cute! It's great to have those memories to look back on. So glad you had a better experience at Chilis.

What a shame about Cracker Barrel but at least you gave it a try. Got to love a Blaze pizza and they're such good value too!

We loved Perkins another one of our favourites but as you say the menu is huge. I think they should give an option of smoked or non smoked items. Total bargain for the price too Olive Garden is on our list for May as we enjoyed it so much too, so glad to see you had another good meal.

I'll catch up with the rest of the report in a bit but loving it so far X
Welcome along Kelly, thanks for reading

Checkers was fine for our first night - quick, easy and definitely better value than the sandwich at the airport. We were loving Denny's this trip... excellent breakfasts both times we went. I think we did pretty well with coupons this trip, it's the most I've used them as I usually forget but it does make a difference to the bill.

Definitely get some cakes from Amorette's - so pretty and tasty too. Polite Pig was disappointing for us, I guess it all depends on what you like. Keke's was amazing... we'll definitely be back there, and you're right, the portions were huge.

Perkins is always a good choice, but maybe they should take your advice and extend their already extensive menu to include smoked or non smoked for the meats!

I hope you get back to Olive Garden... it's always good when you find somewhere everyone likes. Cheap menu is before 5pm

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
Today was such a great food day, the gas station food looked nice and reasonable too. Don't think I've heard of Arby's but it appears it's very reasonable and tasty. Mr Grump and I were talking about Culvers as I'd read about it on another report, seems like a good place to go and everything looks nice too.

Breakfast looked really nice and the nachos did too, shame the nachos weren't great though. The bread in Outback is lovely isn't it, it's probably one of the only thing's we enjoyed, I'm glad to see you had a better experience, it does look very tasty!

The pies from Perkins look lovely, something we definitely need to try. I know what you mean about chinese but as long as it tastes nice it doesn't matter.

IHOP looks quite nice, think it's one we need to give a second chance to at some point. Can't say I've ever heard of Logans, it looks quite nice. Neil looks so happy with his beer

Oh no sounds like a terrible start to day 11. Oh no I'd have loved to hear about the rocket launch as we'd love to see one too. Teaks looks so nice, those burgers look so tasty. That's very odd they expect between 20 and 25% tip! I'd have just tipped what you normally would too.

Sweet Tomatoes seems like there's so much choice, another restaurant I've heard good things about and your plates look nice. Texas Roadhouse is another we've heard about and those skins look amazing, right up our street. Glad you managed to get the coupon, always makes it feel much tastier with a coupon

I'm so glad you had another trip to Perkins We weren't too impressed with Millers either

Looks like you didn't have too bad of a food day on the return home either which is good.

Thank you so much for doing the report Lynda, I know how much time it takes and it really is appreciated and you have added some new places to our list so thank you again xx
I know, who'd have thought gas station food would be so good Culvers is a nice cheap option for a quick meal... the place was nice and clean.

Oh, the bread in Outback... yum! It was so good. It's a shame you didn't have a great experience there, it really was one of our best meals.

You need a really sweet tooth for the pies at Perkins, well the one I had anyway. IHOP is good, I think you should give it a try... it's not our favourite breakfast place but always good enough to make the list.

Seeing the rocket launch definitely made up for the bad start to the day, and Teak was great too. (Well, apart from them asking for an extortionate tip!)

Sweet Tomatoes was fine, although we're not really buffet fans. It might be good for the kids to be able to choose what they want themselves though - there's plenty of choice. Texas Roadhouse was really nice... that was our first visit there but it definitely won't be our last. The potato skins were lovely, I could happily have them right now We've had good meals at Millers in the past, I think I just made a wrong choice that day.

Thank you for reading and for all of your comments Kelly. I've still got your new pre-trip to read and I'll look forward to your report as well.

Old 27 Jan 20, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
Welcome along Kelly, thanks for reading

Checkers was fine for our first night - quick, easy and definitely better value than the sandwich at the airport. We were loving Denny's this trip... excellent breakfasts both times we went. I think we did pretty well with coupons this trip, it's the most I've used them as I usually forget but it does make a difference to the bill.

Definitely get some cakes from Amorette's - so pretty and tasty too. Polite Pig was disappointing for us, I guess it all depends on what you like. Keke's was amazing... we'll definitely be back there, and you're right, the portions were huge.

Perkins is always a good choice, but maybe they should take your advice and extend their already extensive menu to include smoked or non smoked for the meats!

I hope you get back to Olive Garden... it's always good when you find somewhere everyone likes. Cheap menu is before 5pm

I know, who'd have thought gas station food would be so good Culvers is a nice cheap option for a quick meal... the place was nice and clean.

Oh, the bread in Outback... yum! It was so good. It's a shame you didn't have a great experience there, it really was one of our best meals.

You need a really sweet tooth for the pies at Perkins, well the one I had anyway. IHOP is good, I think you should give it a try... it's not our favourite breakfast place but always good enough to make the list.

Seeing the rocket launch definitely made up for the bad start to the day, and Teak was great too. (Well, apart from them asking for an extortionate tip!)

Sweet Tomatoes was fine, although we're not really buffet fans. It might be good for the kids to be able to choose what they want themselves though - there's plenty of choice. Texas Roadhouse was really nice... that was our first visit there but it definitely won't be our last. The potato skins were lovely, I could happily have them right now We've had good meals at Millers in the past, I think I just made a wrong choice that day.

Thank you for reading and for all of your comments Kelly. I've still got your new pre-trip to read and I'll look forward to your report as well.
Mr Grump wants to try Checkers after I showed him your report, hope I don't forget when I do our next list of places to eat I think we'll do Polite Pig for Mr Grump and me and the kid's will go elsewhere when he's done, definitely not to our tastes.

That's fab, thanks for that! We have it planned for our trip in May after our Universal day, not sure we'll make it before 5 though, but I'm sure we'll get some coupons

I think we will probably give IHOP and Outback another try at some point, but it'll probably be after we've tried other places (there's just too many to choose from!)

Unfortunately my kid's would recoil in horror at the view of a salad bar I wish they weren't so picky.

I loved catching up, just sorry I didn't see it sooner do you have any more trips planned? Would love to see more reports ... although I think next time you should do a dining and trip report I missed the trip side of your report xx