Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 22 Aug 07, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post

All normal rates qualify as a stay on your account,even Triple A. as was said Annual Pass does not count or FL resident rates, or rates booked through a third party i.e Travel agent ,or bookings made through sites Like hotel kingdom etc [although i had one with Virgin they counted].
Booking through Universal site ,you are still booking direct with Loews,as the reservation mumber they give is Loews reservations.
If you call the number on the official Loews site ,they transfer you to Universal bookings.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 07, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by rpbert1 View Post
All normal rates qualify as a stay on your account,even Triple A. as was said Annual Pass does not count or FL resident rates, or rates booked through a third party i.e Travel agent ,or bookings made through sites Like hotel kingdom etc [although i had one with Virgin they counted].
Booking through Universal site ,you are still booking direct with Loews,as the reservation mumber they give is Loews reservations.
If you call the number on the official Loews site ,they transfer you to Universal bookings.
Maybe I was unlucky to start with but this is copy and pasted from the email I got back first.

Thank you for choosing the Royal Pacific Resort, a Loews Hotels, at Universal Orlando Resorts, as your vacation destination.

In reviewing your booking, I see that you have made your reservation through Universal Parks and Resorts Vacation, a third party vendor. Group, negotiated, third party, and advanced purchase rates do not apply. A qualified stay is any published rate by the hotel.

For more information on LoewsFirst, please visit out website at loewsfirst.

Bren
Old 23 Aug 07, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post

I always make my booking through Universal for next year, got my upgrade as well, If the rate with them did not count i would not have got my upgrade.
Like i said if you call through WWW.Loews .com you get put through to Universal to take your booking.
Like it says on the end of the email
"qualified stay is any published rate by the hotel."
The rates on the universal site are published rates by the hotel.
I usually call reservations number on the site so as to get my upgrades
Old 23 Feb 08, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Borderbairn
Imagineer

Do you ask if there are any upgrades available when you phone to book or do you wait and see on arrival

Southern Dunes 2006 & 2007 Highlands Reserve & Hard Rock Hotel May & Sep 2008 The Sanctuary West Haven 2009 Freedom of the Seas & Doubletree Resort 2010 Highlands Reserve May 2012 Windsor Hills 2014 New York 2016
Borderbairn is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 08, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post

If you are blue you ask when checking in ,Gold you ask at time of making the booking and same with Platinum
check the benefits here
loews-first/loewsfirst_benefits.asp
Old 23 Feb 08, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
paulac
Imagineer

Has anybody ever requested the 'uniquely local gift' as their welcome amenity freebie? Just wondered what it could be.

Paula
paulac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 08, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
february
Excited about Disney

We booked direct thru universal too. I had my loews first acct no at the ready but when I went to give it to the woman taking our booking she didn't know what I was talking about. Thought I would phone the hotel direct. Any ideas?
february is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 08, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
carolmc
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loz1967 View Post
Thanks, I have just joined also and e-mailed them my membership number but I don't think they will upgrade me any further as we have already booked club level and I cannot see them letting us have a suite can you?
Lorraine, they might just. We booked a room at the Don Cesar, St Pete's - upgraded room, then joined Loews First and we did get a suite - overlooking the ocean, with a private terrace.
Fingers crossed.
Old 24 Feb 08, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread