Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 2 May 19, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Diane1971
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell 1 View Post
I did try but it has sent me a text code to register and now when I go back it to the app it says user exists enter 4 digit code! I’ll have to email them.
Do that Tink - I had the same problem & the girl I got couldn’t have been more helpful! 👍🏼
Old 10 May 19, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Diane1971
slightly serious Dibber

Anyone know if it’s poss to swap dinner for lunch when half board at JBH?
Diane1971 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S
Bon viveur and shopaholic

Colette-S's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Diane1971 View Post
Anyone know if it’s poss to swap dinner for lunch when half board at JBH?
Yes you can. They no longer issue paper vouchers, you get meal credits on your room account each day which can be used for lunch/dinner.
Under the new system you can only use one lot per day - they can no longer be rolled over or banked up.
Remember you get a starter, main and dessert for each so we tend to use one credit between us if we have lunch as the starter portions are huge and can serve as a main. Either way make sure you use them each day as you will lose them! Also remember to collect your Sirius points
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Diane1971
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Colette-S View Post
Remember you get a starter, main and dessert for each so we tend to use one credit between us if we have lunch as the starter portions are huge and can serve as a main. Either way make sure you use them each day as you will lose them! Also remember to collect your Sirius points
Signed up to Sirius as you recommended-so assume I just present my phone any time we’re paying for items?

In terms of the credit system-does that mean the 3 of us would get one credit ie per room? So could we all have a starter only at lunch & then main & dessert at dinner time?
Old 10 May 19, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm off to Dubai in 4 weeks for 3 days on my way back from Thailand.

I was looking at the prices of the hop on hop off bus. I think it's really expensive.

Any tips on how to get it cheaper?

I want to visit Motiongate as well. I seen a website that does a pass for both for £73.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by Diane1971 View Post
Signed up to Sirius as you recommended-so assume I just present my phone any time we’re paying for items?

In terms of the credit system-does that mean the 3 of us would get one credit ie per room? So could we all have a starter only at lunch & then main & dessert at dinner time?
There are 2 apps/sign ups. There is IsmebyJumeirah which is an offers type of thing with 2 for 1 deals and money off discounts.
The other is the Jumeirah Sirius which is where you collect points each time you spend which you can then spend on rewards.
Regarding the half board, every day you each get a 3 course meal credited against your account. However you can’t have 3 starters at lunch and the other courses in the evening. You can however use one starter main and dessert at lunch and the other two in the evening. Hope that makes sense !
Colette-S is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
Originally Posted by myvot View Post

I was looking at the prices of the hop on hop off bus. I think it's really expensive.

I want to visit Motiongate as well. I seen a website that does a pass for both for £73.
What is it you want to see? A lot of attractions are close to others and it depends what is on your list. For example, The Burj Khalifa, fountains and Dubai mall are all in one location.
Taxis are really cheap so that may work out better for you
Old 11 May 19, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
myvot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I'm not sure really! When I do a city break I normally do the hop on bus to get a feel for the city. I just didn't think it would be in that price range. I'll probably need to do some more research and get a taxi.

Really want to visit motiongate and the shopping malls or any markets for a look. I'm staying at sofitel jumeirah beach and I just love walking about or swimming in the sea but I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle that in the heat - I arrive 18 June.
myvot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Colette-S

Colette-S's Reviews
I'm not sure really! When I do a city break I normally do the hop on bus to get a feel for the city. I just didn't think it would be in that price range. I'll probably need to do some more research and get a taxi.

Really want to visit motiongate and the shopping malls or any markets for a look. I'm staying at sofitel jumeirah beach and I just love walking about or swimming in the sea but I'm not sure if I'll be able to handle that in the heat - I arrive 18 June.
It will be hot. However, the pools are usually chilled. The sea will be ok in the morning but may get a bit unbearable later on.
You are fairly close to Mall of the Emirates which I prefer. Dubai Mall is good but just too big for me (and I love shopping!)
Old 12 May 19, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Hi there. I usually like the HoHo to get around in new cities but felt it was far too expensive here. Advice on this forum on using taxis instead worked very well for us and we got to see the majority of the things we wanted and probably saved us about £150 in the end.
Have a nice trip.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List