Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Discount Florida Car Hire
Unread 23 Jun 19, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Amion68
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Thanks all for your help and feedback. I managed to bag 3 nights at the Columbus Motor Inn on a free cancellation deal with booking.com 😎
Amion68 is offline Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
pompeyboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Amion68 View Post
I was wondering that. Will BA let you book return flights and a hotel for part of the trip?
I see you have sorted your room for SF but for future reference BA are very flexible for extras like car hire and hotel bookings. If you book flight and hotel and/or car hire it becomes a package so you only pay a deposit on booking even if you only book 1 days hotel/car, which can be at anytime during the holiday, even at a UK airport hotel before you leave.

We flew into SF and out of LA and picked the car up when we left SF and it worked out cheaper than just booking flights with them, doon't know how it works but it did!
pompeyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 23 Jun 19, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Amion68 View Post
Thanks all for your help and feedback. I managed to bag 3 nights at the Columbus Motor Inn on a free cancellation deal with booking.com 😎
We have stayed at Columbus and liked it. Basic clean rooms, maybe 6/7 mins walk to wharf. Nice friendly staff and the bus stops right outside. Would stay there again.
Unread 28 Jun 19, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
motherofthree
Trying for More Ears

We have booked The Dylan hotel at SFO. It cost about 200 per night for a room with two double beds in August this year. It has very good reviews on Tripadvisor. We are planning to take the BART train in to San Fransisco every day. All the hotels we looked at in the city centre were beyond our budget and we didn't want to stay in a hostel.
motherofthree is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Our California Road Trip
Unread 28 Jun 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
When we went last year I found hotels to be very expensive so I just held my nerve figuring we'd get something at some stage.

Checking my emails now, we booked via Hotwire around 9pm on August 24th (when we were still down in LA) to checkin on August 25th for our 4 nights in SF.

Using Hotwire sleuthing I was 99.9% certain we were going to get the Hilton San Francisco Union Square, and we did. We got it for $158 per night. With Hotwire fees, it cost $800 all in, so $200 a night which was a good rate I thought for what was a fab hotel in a great location. Checking the same dates for this year it's well over $600 per night.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Making it up as we go along
Unread 30 Jun 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twilight Nerd
slightly serious Dibber

We stayed in the Columbus Motor Inn 2 years ago and thought it was great value for money would definitely stayed there again.
Twilight Nerd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Cali here we come
Orlando Attraction Tickets