Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.
Unread 26 Jun 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
Imagineer

Mobile Best cruises from Europe with kids.

Weve never cruised before so wanted to look into it a little, as we want something a little bit different.

Who would be the best cruise line to go with from Europe? Would prefer to sail from Southampton if we could, would be a family of 4, kids 14 & 12, one active one not so much lol. And my parents who are 70!

Just a few ideas of what to look at, as I have no idea whatsoever!
All Star Sport/POFQ/Dibb Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Yacht Club/Emerald Island/Deerfield Beach - Aug 20
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Trip 4 with fhe parents!
Unread 26 Jun 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi,
We are going on a 9 day Baltic cruise on the NCL Getaway next month, its from Copenhagen though but managed to pick up cheap Easyjet flights & so will have a couple of days either side to see the sights of Copenhagen.
We are a family of 4 & the kids are 13 & 17.
I found that this 9 day cruise worked out to be a similar price to 7 days around the Med but didnt really look at sailing out of Southampton.
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Easter 2020
Unread 26 Jun 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

just came back from a cruise me and dgd went to germany Norway and bruges on the indy it was amazing sailed from Southampton would definitely do it again it was amazing for all ages

jaine
po french qr 2008
pop centry 2010
po french qr 2012
double tree/yatch club 2015
next pofq oct 2016
booked pofq 2017
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
all star sports
Unread 26 Jun 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Thomson. Royal Caribbean were fabulous especially if you have different age groups in your family. Lovely food, spa, pools. Dodgem cars, climbing walls,cinema, fabulous shows,I fly and wave riders. From next year Anthem of the Seas will be sailing from Southampton to Spain and Portugal.
We absolutely loved our cruise and will definitely do another at some point. You can be busy or relax,something for everyone!
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Long weekend in Krakow
Unread 27 Jun 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

My parents cruise frequently and have used the same cruise agent for years, so we use them too. They reckon that RCI, NCL and Princess are great choices for families. They all have dedicated kids clubs on all cruises and their ships are full of activities for families. Speaking with an experienced cruise agent may be a good idea if you really have no idea what you want, as they have staff that have sailed on lots of ships and can give great advice (and usually get great prices, but there is no obligation to book through them if you find it cheaper elsewhere - once you know what you want!)

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
Hi,
We are going on a 9 day Baltic cruise on the NCL Getaway next month, its from Copenhagen though but managed to pick up cheap Easyjet flights & so will have a couple of days either side to see the sights of Copenhagen.
We are a family of 4 & the kids are 13 & 17.
I found that this 9 day cruise worked out to be a similar price to 7 days around the Med but didnt really look at sailing out of Southampton.
Cheers
Les
I'll be interested to hear your review of the Getaway when you come back. We're sailing on her from NOLA next year, and as with all cruise ships, reviews online are a full range! Looks like a great ship to me though!
2 weeks at POFQ!
Unread 27 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

With most of the major cruise lines, NCL, Carnival, Princess, MSC, Royal Caribbean etc. you can't really go wrong as they all cater for kids and adults alike.
We have 2 boys 9years and 13 years and they love cruising.
I usually look on vacationstogo.com (you may have to register)
I enter the month that I want to go, area I wish to cruise and see what comes up. I then check the itinerary, ship and cost. Once I've done that I send Rebekah at Cruise118 a screen shot and ask if she can match or better the price.
We cruise out of New York in 4 weeks and Rebekah called me this afternoon to check that I was on top of all my documentation and if I needed any help... great service.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 30 Jun 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
randc
Imagineer

randc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

I would recommend p and o have done 2 multigen cruises with DH, Dd, dm and df which were excellent. My daughter loved kids club. There was something for everyone and we are not far ftom southampton so we started our holiday in less than an hour after we left home.
Unread 1 Jul 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Excited about Disney

Up to now we've only ever cruised RCL, however this year we are trying Celebrity. We have heard lots of good things about them. RCL are great in terms of their offerings for kids and activities etc on their ships. I'm sure you will have a great time, whichever line you choose. 😁
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
2nd Celebrity Cruise
Attraction Tickets Direct