Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 26 Jun 19, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile Best cruises from Europe with kids.

We’ve never cruised before so wanted to look into it a little, as we want something a little bit different.

Who would be the best cruise line to go with from Europe? Would prefer to sail from Southampton if we could, would be a family of 4, kids 14 & 12, one active one not so much lol. And my parents who are 70!

Just a few ideas of what to look at, as I have no idea whatsoever!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
Hi,
We are going on a 9 day Baltic cruise on the NCL Getaway next month, it’s from Copenhagen though but managed to pick up cheap Easyjet flights & so will have a couple of days either side to see the sights of Copenhagen.
We are a family of 4 & the kids are 13 & 17.
I found that this 9 day cruise worked out to be a similar price to 7 days around the Med but didn’t really look at sailing out of Southampton.
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzmic
VIP Dibber

just came back from a cruise me and dgd went to germany Norway and bruges on the indy it was amazing sailed from Southampton would definitely do it again it was amazing for all ages

jaine
po french qr 2008
pop centry 2010
po french qr 2012
double tree/yatch club 2015
next pofq oct 2016
booked pofq 2017
jazzmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 19, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
We have cruised with Royal Caribbean and Thomson. Royal Caribbean were fabulous especially if you have different age groups in your family. Lovely food, spa, pools. Dodgem cars, climbing walls,cinema, fabulous shows,I fly and wave riders. From next year Anthem of the Seas will be sailing from Southampton to Spain and Portugal.
We absolutely loved our cruise and will definitely do another at some point. You can be busy or relax,something for everyone!
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Caroian
Imagineer

My parents cruise frequently and have used the same cruise agent for years, so we use them too. They reckon that RCI, NCL and Princess are great choices for families. They all have dedicated kids clubs on all cruises and their ships are full of activities for families. Speaking with an experienced cruise agent may be a good idea if you really have no idea what you want, as they have staff that have sailed on lots of ships and can give great advice (and usually get great prices, but there is no obligation to book through them if you find it cheaper elsewhere - once you know what you want!)

Originally Posted by OrlandoLes View Post
Hi,
We are going on a 9 day Baltic cruise on the NCL Getaway next month, it’s from Copenhagen though but managed to pick up cheap Easyjet flights & so will have a couple of days either side to see the sights of Copenhagen.
We are a family of 4 & the kids are 13 & 17.
I found that this 9 day cruise worked out to be a similar price to 7 days around the Med but didn’t really look at sailing out of Southampton.
Cheers
Les
I'll be interested to hear your review of the Getaway when you come back. We're sailing on her from NOLA next year, and as with all cruise ships, reviews online are a full range! Looks like a great ship to me though!
Caroian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Hudson
Imagineer

With most of the major cruise lines, NCL, Carnival, Princess, MSC, Royal Caribbean etc. you can't really go wrong as they all cater for kids and adults alike.
We have 2 boys 9years and 13 years and they love cruising.
I usually look on vacationstogo.com (you may have to register)
I enter the month that I want to go, area I wish to cruise and see what comes up. I then check the itinerary, ship and cost. Once I've done that I send Rebekah at Cruise118 a screen shot and ask if she can match or better the price.
We cruise out of New York in 4 weeks and Rebekah called me this afternoon to check that I was on top of all my documentation and if I needed any help... great service.
Hudson is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jun 19, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
randc
Imagineer

randc's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

I would recommend p and o have done 2 multigen cruises with DH, Dd, dm and df which were excellent. My daughter loved kids club. There was something for everyone and we are not far ftom southampton so we started our holiday in less than an hour after we left home.
Old 1 Jul 19, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
disney_l81
Very Serious Dibber

Up to now we've only ever cruised RCL, however this year we are trying Celebrity. We have heard lots of good things about them. RCL are great in terms of their offerings for kids and activities etc on their ships. I'm sure you will have a great time, whichever line you choose. 😁
disney_l81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We have just come back from a trip on Cunard Queen Victoria to fjords from Southampton.
Lovely ship but definitely adult orientated. There were a few children on board but limited facilities and entertainment for children.
There were all ages on board but we felt it catered more for the over 50s (we are in our sixties) and it is more formal than other cruise lines, especially the evening dress code. We are used to Disney cruises so was complete opposite.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 19, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Just_Pete
Excited about Disney

I think in terms of something for everyone then it is really NCL and RCI. P&O and Princess don't have some of the "attractions" that these two can offer in terms of things like Ice Rinks, Laser Tag, Water attractions, Flow Riders (on RCI) and with the larger ships you get the shows too. So I think these hit the mark a little more in terms of spectacle

That said a big provider of these (especially from Southampton) was Independence which has now cancelled it's next round of European Sailings. Although RCI does continue to send an Oasis class over every year for the Med sailings, which might not be everyone's cup of tea, but this does really provide something for everyone. Departs from Barcelona/Rome though.
Just_Pete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List