Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Unread 20 Sep 17, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Hi Amy, Me again with yet another question
On your previous thread you gave us some really good advice about rental areas and mentioned Mission Valley/Mission Hills/Mission Bay.

I think we've found somewhere although the property we are looking at is sometimes described as being in Mission Hills but also sometimes described as being in Mission Heights. I've looked at various maps and it all looks to be the same area but before we commit, just wanted to confirm our assumption to be correct and that Mission Heights would be a good area as well?

It's a big house which would give us so much more space than a hotel room or suite, and is more what we are used to having holidayed in Florida a number of times
Thanks as always
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 17, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fatblokeflorida View Post
Hi Amy, Me again with yet another question
On your previous thread you gave us some really good advice about rental areas and mentioned Mission Valley/Mission Hills/Mission Bay.

I think we've found somewhere although the property we are looking at is sometimes described as being in Mission Hills but also sometimes described as being in Mission Heights. I've looked at various maps and it all looks to be the same area but before we commit, just wanted to confirm our assumption to be correct and that Mission Heights would be a good area as well?

It's a big house which would give us so much more space than a hotel room or suite, and is more what we are used to having holidayed in Florida a number of times
Thanks as always
Hi again Mission Heights would be a fine area to stay. It's a very central area too, a short distance from the Zoo, Balboa Park, Sea World, the beaches and downtown isn't very far either. There are also some large shopping malls nearby and lots of restaurants in the area. I'd say go for it!
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 17, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Thanks Amy you are a star

We don't travel until next August so no more questions now I promise... well, until nearer the time anyway
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 20 Sep 17, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by fatblokeflorida View Post
so no more questions now I promise...
You promise? Ok, good! LOL! You know I'm kidding If anything comes to mind, please ask whenever.
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 1 Oct 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Hi

Thinking of staying in SD before a cruise

Can I ask how far away seaworld is from the cruise port

Are we better off having few nights in hotel just for SW etc then night before cruise stay in different hotel?

Any suggestions

Thank you
Unread 1 Oct 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

On a separate note how warm is SD in November x
Unread 1 Oct 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Eeyorefanuk View Post
Hi

Thinking of staying in SD before a cruise

Can I ask how far away seaworld is from the cruise port

Are we better off having few nights in hotel just for SW etc then night before cruise stay in different hotel?

Any suggestions

Thank you
Hi Eeyorefan Sea World isn't very far from downtown where the cruise ship terminal is- you're only looking at a 15-20 minute drive. So, if you find a hotel around Sea World you like, you could stay there the whole time and not have to move hotels. If your cruise is leaving on a weekday morning, there will likely be heavier rush hour traffic heading downtown, so plan a little extra time to get there.

November weather is usually on the cool side- the 60's is average, sometimes it will warm up into the low 70's, but it won't get much warmer than that.
Unread 1 Oct 17, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Eeyorefanuk
Imagineer

Thank you

The cruise starts on a Friday

Any suggestion of hotels close to seaworld?
Florida Tix