Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Closed Thread

Old 11 Nov 02, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDes
Getting Excited

Hi Paula,

We had a room facing the pool on the second (or maybe third) and the noise wasn't noticable untilwe opened the door to go and as the pool closes at night there was nothing (apart from DS) to keep us awake.

Re breakfast, it was not bad at all. The "hot" (maybe warm would be a better description) changed each day and there was plenty of cold stuff too. Our DS is well choosey but he managed to find something he liked each day. It was a good way of "filling" up ready for an atack of the park. And the chilly fries from the Pizza Hut on site were fablus! . If you got down to breakfast at a realtively early time i.e. before 9, which was easy with our early bird DS, the queueing was minimal, but on the days that we were a bit later getting up, they did seem to be a tad longer, though we never had to queue for a table.

At the end of the fortnight though, we were getting a little bored of the breakfast fare.

As I said, if we were to go to a hotel again, we'd definately choose it again (even over an onsite moderate).

Fire away if you want any more info and I'll try to remember, or better still I'll check with the oracle, DW (Sleepy Dragon)

Des

Edited at 10:29 AM.
DisneyDes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 02, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post

We stayed at the Holiday Inn family suites which has 2 bedrooms and a lounge area.

The main bedroom has a massive bed, the kids (themed) room has a set of bunkbeds and a fold out bed and the lounge has a double sofa bed - also a small kitchen area. There was bags of room for the 3 of us but not sure how old your kids are - ie whether they'd want bunks

Julie
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 02, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Kazzie
Imagineer

I have stayed at Cypress Pointe and Caribe Royale.The Caribe has a microwave and sink so not really a suite.The Cypress Pointe suite was perfect we really liked it .I would have returned there but wanted more room in a villa.After then staying on Sunset Lakes in a villa didn't really like the isolation and total lack of interaction with any other living thing!We wanted to pack up and move to Cypress Pointe we hated it so much but couldn't justify wasting the money.

So the perfect solution was Windsor Palms this year.Your own villa and pool (or they have condos as well) plus all the amenities of a hotel.A community pool,a small cinema,table tennis,pool,etc.And the security was tight on entering/exiting.
Kazzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 02, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Libby's comment:
...in the end I bought a little torch(after sitting in the bath a few nights) so that I could read at night after DH and kids had gone to bed, or if i was up before everyone in the mornings, would sit outside the room door with The Daily Mail and read that till every one was awake. Next time a Villa(me hopes)...
struck a chord with me.

I tend to wake earlier than Wendy and like to read. It's very difficult to do this without disturbing 'Sleepy' by putting a light on or opening the curtains a little. Last year we were fortunate because we stayed in Animal Kingdom Lodge (AKL) and the rooms have balcony's, so I was able to sit outside and read, while 'Sleepy' dozed on. I was also fortunate that the weather was warm (December) and I didn't freeze while reading.

This time we're staying at the Sheraton World Resort (SWR), so I'm going to adopt Libby's idea of using a torch to read by

Thanks for the idea Libby
Old 4 Dec 02, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Can anyone post a link for property at windsor palms please ?
Old 5 Dec 02, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Try this Alex.
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 02, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Kazzie
Imagineer

Alex,

Try doing a general internet search under Windsor+Palms.Quite a lot should come up,I thing there is Villa2000 and Villa Direct are just two of the sites that have Windsor palms villas and condos on.'Our' villa Disney Daze has its own website,that should 'come up' too
Kazzie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread