Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
Attraction Tickets Direct
Unread 17 May 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Proud to wear my Ears

mikeclark007's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile California / Florida 2020

Hi all

Ive barely started planning this but looking for any advice possible and the pros / cons of following the below itinerary:

Planning on going in late August UK summer holidays or late October over the half term holiday. Travelling will be 2Ad and a 7 year old.

- Direct flight from UK to LAX (certain airlines have these available now)
- 5/6 nights at Disneyland Anaheim with necessary park tickets
- Anaheim Hotel TBA
- Internal flight to Orlando
- 4/5 nights at Universal Orlando
- Hotel either Royal Pacific / Hard Rock for Express passes
- Direct flight from Orlando to UK

Looking at the most affordable solution of going in August or October. The length of stay in each location is flexible but could come down to cost - mainly in the Universal Orlando side as I dont really want to compromise on the 3-park explorer ticket doubled with one of those hotels for Express passes.

I reckon I could probably book most of it with the exception of the internal flights that wouldnt be available until 11 months out. Any recommendations or anything to watch for?

Many thanks
Mike
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 17 May 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Hi,

We are doing both this August/September, but starting in San Francisco and working our way down.

Just a couple of things budget wise, keep in mind that you will probably need to pay to check in luggage for the internal flight.
We are traveling with Virgin in Premium for the long flights and Delta with the flight to Orlando and will need to pay to check in all our luggage.

The other thing. I've just booked to stay at Royal Pacific for next year.
We were looking at 4 nights in August.
I just happened to check one day to see what the price was if I added on an extra night at the start which was a Saturday night. The price dropped by 200.
So we booked it.
So an extra night and it's 200 less.

Good luck with your planning.

www.lollipopboxclub.com

Index here for all the trippies...
Orlando Oct 2012 - Complete
Orlando Oct 2014 - Complete
American History Roadtrip March 2016 - Complete
It's a Big One - Orlando 2017 - under construction
Mountains, Zombies & Disney Roadtrip coming Summer 2018
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
West Coast & Double Disney
Unread 18 May 19, 01:56 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Proud to wear my Ears

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
Hi,

We are doing both this August/September, but starting in San Francisco and working our way down.

Just a couple of things budget wise, keep in mind that you will probably need to pay to check in luggage for the internal flight.
We are traveling with Virgin in Premium for the long flights and Delta with the flight to Orlando and will need to pay to check in all our luggage.

I just happened to check one day to see what the price was if I added on an extra night at the start which was a Saturday night. The price dropped by 200.
So we booked it.

Wow - what dates in August did you get for Royal Pacific as that sounds a good spot. Also did you book direct with Universal or a third party?

I was thinking of doing this as a DIY thing as Ive done it many times before but without having to work with internal flights. If this was going to be a package holiday booking I would have to wait until September at the earliest for the 11 month window on the internal flights before I could book the whole thing however individual hotel / ticket offers make it more appealing to do myself.

Reckon I could get away with booking this hotel along with the park tickets without having anything else in place?
mikeclark007 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 19, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
fatblokeflorida
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
Hi,

So we booked it.

No idea if southwest do that route but if they do then give them a look for the internal flights as i believe you each get your first 2 checked bags included
fatblokeflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 18 May 19, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

You dont need 5/6 days at Anaheim Disney we had a day in the Disney park in October and did every ride and most of the ones we wanted multiple times
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
CSR Construction Site
Unread 18 May 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Sorry, I should have said. I booked through Hotels.com via Quidco and should get 150 cashback too.
You pay the 1 night as a deposit but it's a free cancellation policy up until the week before you go.

We are going the 23rd August I think.

I mentioned it on my YouTube channel when I was doing it and someone else then tried the same but in December and it was the same for her too.

www.lollipopboxclub.com

Index here for all the trippies...
Orlando Oct 2012 - Complete
Orlando Oct 2014 - Complete
American History Roadtrip March 2016 - Complete
It's a Big One - Orlando 2017 - under construction
Mountains, Zombies & Disney Roadtrip coming Summer 2018
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
West Coast & Double Disney
Unread 18 May 19, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
You dont need 5/6 days at Anaheim Disney we had a day in the Disney park in October and did every ride and most of the ones we wanted multiple times
Totally agree! We were there 2 years ago and had 4 days and for us 2 of the days were wasted. With the parks being so close to one another if you get a hopper pass then you can do both and do your favourite rides in both in 2 days easy.
Unread 18 May 19, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
mikeclark007
Proud to wear my Ears

mikeclark007's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Totally agree! We were there 2 years ago and had 4 days and for us 2 of the days were wasted. With the parks being so close to one another if you get a hopper pass then you can do both and do your favourite rides in both in 2 days easy.
I suppose this opens up the possibility of doing Knotts Berry Farm and Waterpark as well on the other days as I believe they are close by.
Attraction Tickets Direct