Go Back   theDIBB > Other Planning Discussion > Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning
Forgotten Password?
Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.
US Rent A Car
Unread 28 May 19, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Universal DAS ?

Hi Guys I think its called DAS
we are off to the west coast in august and I was wanting some advice.
My OH has Chrons and its unbelievable how often and sometimes short notice he has to make restroom breaks We have been to florida a million times and utilise FP at Disney and always stay at HRH for express at universal however California does not seem to offer that at their hotels so it looks like we will need to just que.
well I know that OH will never go that amount time without having to leave the que and visit a restroom, so question is .. will he be able to do this ? if not I have mentioned that I have seen that florida offers DAS. Problem he said he would rather not go that have to use a disability pass (hes so bloomin stubborn) .. the kids really want to go to universal and hes just being silly .. after a couple of mayor surgeries and constant meds you would think he would just admit it to himself

so I suppose im hoping he would be able to just leave the que and rejoin,but I know deep down that isn't going to happen or is there a way to get him on the rides .. he does love them as well

Thanks Guys
Lisa x
Unread 28 May 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Have a look at the Front of Line pass. It gives you fast access to each ride once.

You would also stand more of a chance of being able to nip out and back of that queue (if there is much of one).

More expensive, but probably the best option.
400ixl is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
Back to the West Coast
Unread 29 May 19, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
berneslai
Trying for More Ears

It's called DAS for Disney, it's AAP (Attraction Assistance Pass) for Universal. It only takes a few minutes to get one from Guest Relations.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from getting one and it would work as you expect - he could go to the restroom and then join the ride after the allotted wait time. It's completely a moral issue and not a legal/medical issue.

You'll have to convince him to go for it, it's not as if you are jumping the queue and it's not embarassing to get one.

Edited at 10:34 PM.
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd Californian road trip in...
Unread 3 Jun 19, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by berneslai View Post
It's called DAS for Disney, it's AAP (Attraction Assistance Pass) for Universal. It only takes a few minutes to get one from Guest Relations.

There's absolutely nothing stopping you from getting one and it would work as you expect - he could go to the restroom and then join the ride after the allotted wait time. It's completely a moral issue and not a legal/medical issue.

You'll have to convince him to go for it, it's not as if you are jumping the queue and it's not embarassing to get one.
Thanks .. im going to work on him this week
can I ask do I just take a letter fro the doc or prescription to show ?
Unread 3 Jun 19, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
berneslai
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by JediMuM View Post
Thanks .. im going to work on him this week
can I ask do I just take a letter fro the doc or prescription to show ?
You don't need to provide any evidence and they will not ask you what the issue is. Just ask for the pass and you'll get one.
berneslai is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans
3rd Californian road trip in...
Unread 3 Jun 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Thanks for the reply .. I think hes embarrassed to discuss as its not a nice topic
Lisa x
Unread 3 Jun 19, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
bluedave
Imagineer

My daughters friend asked last Friday for an assistance pass at universal due to severe bowel issues/ colostomy bag. She took hospital letters etc with her but was told shed have to buy a front of line pass as they wouldnt give her an assistance pass for her issue. The lady then had a change of heart and she said because theres only 2 of you Ill let you have a pass this once.
She got A DAS at Hollywood studios with no issues.
bluedave is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Gallery Click to view Members Trip Plans Reply With Quote
Unread 5 Jun 19, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
JediMuM
Imagineer

Originally Posted by bluedave View Post
My daughters friend asked last Friday for an assistance pass at universal due to severe bowel issues/ colostomy bag. She took hospital letters etc with her but was told shed have to buy a front of line pass as they wouldnt give her an assistance pass for her issue. The lady then had a change of heart and she said because theres only 2 of you Ill let you have a pass this once.
She got A DAS at Hollywood studios with no issues.
This sounds bad .. theres no way he can go an hour or more without leaving the que and this is normally on an ok day
My OH doesnt have a colostomy bag (yet) so far just huge scars from where he has had surgery (we call them his shark attack scars .. as it was easier for lil one
Kenwood Travel