Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 May 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

first time trip planning to disney anaheim?help!

just really trying to get an idea of price and stuff
a few questions

if just doing Disney how many days would we need to go for minimum?
what time of year is best? two adults two kids?
where to stay? reasonably priced?
where to look for flights ? are they crazy prices from the uk and Ireland?
anything else I need to know or consider?

we have been to WDW twice both times for Christmas and new year.
we go to DLP for 4 days at Halloween and just wanted to get an idea pricewise for California as would like to do it one day!

I don't think we wanna explore the west coast just do Disney, does that sound crazy? we would love to, well I would but with a 4 year old I dunno how practical it would be!
and trying to avoid a crazy expensive holiday if we did go

thanks

Jen
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I would say its a crazy idea to go all that way just for the 2 Disney parks. 3 days would cover them no problem, maybe 4 now SW has opened.

If you would consider seeing other parts of LA too it could make the trip worthwhile. You could do Universal, Knottsberry Farm, the Warner Bro's tour, visit the amazing LA beaches & San Diego.

Flights from Heathrow to LAX can be had quite cheap in September but I guess it depends if you can go in school holiday time.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
itsajennything
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
I would say its a crazy idea to go all that way just for the 2 Disney parks. 3 days would cover them no problem, maybe 4 now SW has opened.

If you would consider seeing other parts of LA too it could make the trip worthwhile. You could do Universal, Knottsberry Farm, the Warner Bro's tour, visit the amazing LA beaches & San Diego.

Flights from Heathrow to LAX can be had quite cheap in September but I guess it depends if you can go in school holiday time.
I didn’t no you could do it in so little days 😂 so maybe a 7-10 day trip then and could see other sights too. Any hotel recommendations ?
PLAN A TRIP- DLP SUMMER 2020 FAITH, TRUST AND PIXIE DUST
itsajennything is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mason1
Imagineer

mason1's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
We’ve recently booked for Feb half term (7 days). Just booked a fly drive so far with BA - LHR to LAX with mid size SUV for £1390 for 2 adults and 2 kids (13 & 11).

Our rough plan is to spend 2 nights in Burbank and do WB Studio tour, Hollywood sign, Griffiths Observatory and Walk of Fame/Chinese theatre. We’ll then move to a hotel in Anaheim and do 4 days in the parks.

Can’t decide on hotels at the moment - the choice is bewildering!

I’m budgeting £1200 for hotels, and £1100 for park tickets and then food on top. Was supposed to be a budget trip, but don’t think it will be 🤣
Old 30 May 19, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

We went Easter and 4 days was enough.
We really could have done 3.
We stayed at Hyatt house in a 2 Queen studio.
Even though you have kitchen facilities, they included breakfast which was excellent.
5 minutes walk to Disney gates.
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 03:59 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We stayed both times at the Ayres Anaheim and I would highly recommend it. a 5 minute drive to the parks where you can pay for use of their shuttle or drive yourself.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
wozza
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by mason1 View Post
We’ve recently booked for Feb half term (7 days). Just booked a fly drive so far with BA - LHR to LAX with mid size SUV for £1390 for 2 adults and 2 kids (13 & 11).

Our rough plan is to spend 2 nights in Burbank and do WB Studio tour, Hollywood sign, Griffiths Observatory and Walk of Fame/Chinese theatre. We’ll then move to a hotel in Anaheim and do 4 days in the parks.

Can’t decide on hotels at the moment - the choice is bewildering!

I’m budgeting £1200 for hotels, and £1100 for park tickets and then food on top. Was supposed to be a budget trip, but don’t think it will be 🤣
I’m also looking at a “budget” week in October x
Port Orleans Riverside/Cocoa Beach October 2018
wozza is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

DLC is about the same size as DLP so that gives you an idea of how long. Main unknown this year is the opening of Star Wars Land and how long that will attract a higher number of people for.

I wouldn't go just for Disney, or just for theme parks as there is so much more to the West Coast. Its not like Orlando which is more akin to a one base fortnight, it is much more about getting out ans seeing more.

If you want to base that around theme parks and younger children then you could do Disney and Knotts Beery Farm in Anaheim (not much else in Anaheim). You could then head down to San Diego where you have Sea World, Lego Land and the Zoo and easily fill another few days doing other things there which are child friendly. Then head back up to North LA where you could do Universal, Hollywood, Griffith Observatory and more. Warner Bros Studio tour would not be possible due to minimum age limit. From there you could fly back from LAX.

Even then, that is missing out on so much but would be a decent taster for the west coast and very child orientated.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Lots of people just go for Disney and stay for one week, i did many years ago and loved it...I have heard great reports on Candy Cane inn also Ho jo s ...Happy planning
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 19, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Our 2 visits have been split as 3 nights in Anaheim and 4 nights in more central LA. There’s plenty to do in LA.

We stayed at Desert Inn and Suites and Best Western Plus Anaheim Inn in Anaheim - both were about 5/10 minutes walk from the park entrance and were much of a muchness. We stayed at The Tangerine in Burbank and The Garland close to Universal. I’d recommend any of the 4 hotels.

A tip would be to try and be at Disneyland over the weekend if you wish to see the fireworks. I didn’t realise they only did them at weekends and they cancel them if the wind is blowing in the wrong direction.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List