Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 Aug 17, 02:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Ontario And Quebec 2017: Day 17 - Deers, Walks And 19 Fish

We are relaxing into being here at the lake! No rush to be anywhere or indeed do anything!

After a leisurely breakfast (every man for himself ), we got ready to head out to the deer centre.

The deer centre helps young deer who for one reason or another (loss of mother, injury etc) needs human intervention. The aim is to release the deer back into the wild (though not during hunting season )

There were lots of cute deer in a large fenced area - that included some forest!

We then started out on the trail but after less than10 minutes we turned around as two of the party were being attacked by both mozzies and horse flies

It has to be said though, it was a bit disconcerting to see "trophy" deer in the actual centre!

After looking at the map we figured we could drive to near where the trail should have taken us - Chutes Rouges.

We had a few wrong turnings (most of the roads were gravel/dirt tracks) but got there in the end.

Whilst the start of it wasn't tubable, we figured the rest was.

J being the engineer he is also was trying to figure out a way to get across the river (that would be Melable! )

Further down there was a rope swing but it looked quite old and worn. My risk averse self was against anyone trying it!

After a bad start with the walk, it turned out quite positive - we can see ourselves coming back!

After lunch (teriyaki veggies and noodles), J and F paddled off to go fishing on the island! Three nets and one rod were taken!

O stayed with me! I read my kindle while he messed around on the pedalo! He then went in to do his gym - he has a programme on an app on his tablet and is quite motivated about following it!

I stayed out on the swing chair and was rewarded by a visit by the chipmunk!

And a dragonfly!

The fishermen returned after about three hours with 19 fish! F was so pleased as she caught 18 of them!

This was the largest one!

They were all put back into the lake shortly after!

All the fresh air had worn us out (hard work reading )! After a simple sandwich and crisp dinner we all relaxed - the kids watched netflix!

About 8 ish J and I went for a walk to the end of the road (about 500m each way) and then down to the dock! It is very quiet out!

Still no sunset pictures

Edited at 02:38 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List