Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Dec 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Niki Mouse
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by HarryJPotter View Post
We are staying offsite, have memory maker included with our ticket. I totally got confused with this and the magic band and assumed they were the same thing until I have now realised they are not.

We won't charge anything to the band. Can tickets bought elsewhere be linked to them? We have got our tickets from Florida Escapes.

Do we need to bother buying a magic band? And if so what would we actually do with it? I have downloaded the Disney App onto my phone so I can do fastpasses etc.
FYI - can only charge to magic band if staying onsite as they take your credit card at check-in.
Niki Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nellis
First POST

Mobile

If you get a magic band for one of the Disney parks, can you then use it in all Disney parks that you have tickets for?
Nellis is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nellis View Post
If you get a magic band for one of the Disney parks, can you then use it in all Disney parks that you have tickets for?
yes...
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 01:57 AM  
Link to this Post

We aren't renting a car so won't be paying parking. I don't think it will be worth us booking 1 night stay, we wouldn't be actually staying there anyway as we have 21 nights booked at our resort and arrive evening on our first day.

I'm still not sure the point of us all having one. So basically everyone can swipe the FP? Can't I just do that on mine or does each person have to have a band to get a FP? Or just get one each for me and DH?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
amandaland
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Fastpass selections are tied to each individual ticket so if you want to use magicbands you'll each need one to represent each individual ticket - if you get just one Magicband you'll still have to pull out the other tickets in order to scan each person through.
amandaland is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by amandaland View Post
Fastpass selections are tied to each individual ticket so if you want to use magicbands you'll each need one to represent each individual ticket - if you get just one Magicband you'll still have to pull out the other tickets in order to scan each person through.
Ah right, I get it now . Will get them from outlet place suggested above. We'll be going shopping before we go Disney so will work out well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneygirlxx
Excited about Disney

We stayed off site when we went and I bought lanyards for my Disney tickets
Disneygirlxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
2017dream
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by suehen View Post
I know this sounds mad but book one night either in the value hotel or at the campsite as there is 4 of you. You would get 4 magic-bands, book your fast pass's at 60 days plus 2 days free parking and any magic extra hours it might work out cheaper and you do not have to wait until afternoon to check-in you can go at 7.00 am and pick up the bands I know some people who book a night at the campsite think that is the cheapest way.
Is this still the case ?

If we book a night at the campground for 8 of us will we all get magic bands and the free parking ?
Sounds too good to be true
Can you hire tents or do you need to take your own ?
2017dream is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Hoolah
Trying for More Ears

We did this too. Booked one night at the campsite for around $70, four magic bands, two days free parking, 60 day fast pass selection.

I did online checkin, didn’t go to the campsite as had arranged for bands to be sent to fairytale shopper so we’re delivered to our villa with some groceries on our first night.

We also ended up getting free use of towels in water parks as the guy asked if we were onsite guests and I said we were a few days ago, so he didn’t charge us.

Magic bands were so much easier than getting the card out every time we needed to scan it, which is what we did on a previous visit.
Hoolah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Zellotape
Excited about Disney

Zellotape's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by HarryJPotter View Post
Ah right, I get it now . Will get them from outlet place suggested above. We'll be going shopping before we go Disney so will work out well.
The only problem with the outlet is that they dont have a great selection available.
I dont remember seeing any of the plain ones when we went.

my OH and I decided to buy magic bands when we went in 2017 and just picked them up as soon as we got into the park. They can then link them to your tickets/app there and then.

Best purchase IMO, so convenient!