Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Jan 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Cape May ?

I feel incredibly lucky that we have a short stay booked at BC this year (free ddp) and was wondering about Cape May in the evening. 🤔

We hope to do a character breakfast one morning but we also all love seafood. I know it’s a buffet which I have mixed feelings about so thought I would ask all you lovely dibbers if you’ve eaten there, would you recommend it?

TIA
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

I think we've eaten there half a dozen times over the years but decided that this year to give it a miss. Despite it being our first stay at Beach Club.

I think there's been a gradual decline in standard these last few years. Kids (and adults) used to love the big white paper tablecloths and tub of crayons, so you could doodle all over the table. Disappeared though.

However, if you've never been and you're staying there then I'd go. It's still one of the better buffets, especially if you like seafood.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
LISAM
Imagineer

I agree, it's not as good as it used to be but still a nice place to eat, especially if you're staying there.
Old 7 Jan 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Thanks JohnandMas & Lisam
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

We've not actually eaten here but we almost did! We turned up for our ADR at dinner and the smell coming from the restaurant was so unpleasantly fishy 😦 even from down the corridor it was quite overwhelming, I know it's a seafood restaurant but I've never been to one that actually smelt 'fishy' before, So we decided to let our reservation go... Not sure if that is normal but I have read a few places that the smell seems to be a regular thing, disappointing as the food does look good!
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
johnandmaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rosemck View Post
We've not actually eaten here but we almost did! We turned up for our ADR at dinner and the smell coming from the restaurant was so unpleasantly fishy 😦 even from down the corridor it was quite overwhelming, I know it's a seafood restaurant but I've never been to one that actually smelt 'fishy' before, So we decided to let our reservation go... Not sure if that is normal but I have read a few places that the smell seems to be a regular thing, disappointing as the food does look good!
Strange. Eaten there many times and I'm not fussed on seafood (I go because everyone else loves seafood). Can honestly say I've never noticed any overwhelming fish smell.

You can smell fish on the hot servery but hey - it's got hot fish on.

Florida - 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 01, 03, 05, 07 - twice, 09, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 24
johnandmaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Rosemck
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnandmaz View Post
Strange. Eaten there many times and I'm not fussed on seafood (I go because everyone else loves seafood). Can honestly say I've never noticed any overwhelming fish smell.

You can smell fish on the hot servery but hey - it's got hot fish on.
I was thinking it can't so popular if it always smells this bad, must have been an off day that's what put us off it was so strong it smelt like the fish was past its use by 😷 but when I googled it after to see it this was normal it does seem to be something others have found too, someone wrote on TripAdvisor that they were staying on level 5 of the hotel and could smell it from their room. Don't let my experience put you off though if it's somewhere you want to try... Just the smell took us by surprise, maybe the character breakfast wouldn't be so bad 😃
Rosemck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

We didn’t enjoy our breakfast Adr 😟 Characters weren’t well organised and very rushed, we had a bad table and food nowhere near Crystal Palace
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jan 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I can’t vouch for dinner but this is our second favourite breakfast buffet. Not that I like breakfast buffets much but this one had a wide range, was clean and relaxed and had excellent character interaction. We only do it if staying at the Beach Club on a lie in day.