Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 3 Mar 17, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

Manchester airport Swissport lounge

just called Virgin to add V lounge on and it's fully booked so they won't let us in..(was hoping as an airmile/frequent flyer customer and having premium seats might sway it but nope)... so...I've found the Swissport Lounge online but never heard anyone mention it before... any experience of using it?

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

I have been in here but around 5 years ago, it may have change but it was basically comfy seating and a bar type area with snacks and continental style breakfast, i think they had a few warm things. definitely not as nice as the V-room but apparently it is being renovated around now so maybe it will be a lot better when opening. i wouldn't pay for it but it comes free with thomson premium so will probably use it on our next trip.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
k100dmk
Very Serious Dibber

I've just had a look and this is reopening as an aspire lounge so it will be much nicer than what it was replacing.
k100dmk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
salmon70
Imagineer

Mobile

We usually fly from T1 at Manchester so would always use Aspire however we are flying from T2 this time. The only one which was available was Swissport and it was not getting good reviews so I decided to save our money. If it is being renovated, I may give it a go (if we can get in that is).
salmon70 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessMummy
Gone all Goofy

Mobile

Try the escape lounge. Much nicer & better food etc
PrincessMummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 17, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post

I really like the Aspire Lounge at T1 - the T2 one is really small and pretty rubbish.

It has a good view of the runway, comfy seats and wifi, free bar with a wider selection of drinks than the Escape Lounge and a continental style buffet. I do think the food in the Escape lounge is better, but we tend to go for the snack style and range of drinks the Aspire lounge offers

Edited at 10:07 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List