Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Dec 17, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post

How many days for each park?

I'm starting to put our plan together. We are going for 3 weeks, I need rest days as I have a chronic illness, also want to factor in shopping days. Have bought Discovery Cove tickets, not bothering with Busch Gardens.

So we are doing 4 Disney parks + 1 Blizzard Beach (Typhoon Lagoon is closed when we are there), 3 Universal Parks, Sea World, Aquatica and Discovery Cove.

So far I have 1 day at each park and 2 for Magic Kingdom. I have 1 day left free. I've looked at what is busy that day and all water parks are busy so will avoid those. Our Universal tickets will have run out as free day is 16 days after first use so only Disney is available. We already have a few shopping days built in and following day is rest day.

Are there any other Disney parks that we should do 2 days at? Is 1 day at each park, apart from Magic Kingdom, enough?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 12:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

If you have just the one day left free I’d be tempted to leave it free at the end of your trip and then revisit the park you enjoyed the most (or felt you didn’t get enough out of while you were there). You have a full schedule so health/weather/crowds permitting you might find you didn’t get as much from one of the parks as you could have.
Old 29 Dec 17, 01:00 AM  
Link to this Post
electo
Imagineer

this is what we normally do

MK 2 days pos and extra 1/2 day on the day we fly home
AK 1 day normally do that park in 3/4 of a day then pop over to epcot to see the fireworks
epcot 1-2 days
disneyMGM 1 day

universal studios 1 day
IofA 1 day

sea world 1 day
bush gardens 1day

at the moment there not a lot at disneyMGM or epcot
a lot of work is going on sorting out the new rides etc
2012/16/18 rosen inn at pointe orlando
2024 storey lake villa
electo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by ely3857 View Post
If you have just the one day left free I’d be tempted to leave it free at the end of your trip and then revisit the park you enjoyed the most (or felt you didn’t get enough out of while you were there). You have a full schedule so health/weather/crowds permitting you might find you didn’t get as much from one of the parks as you could have.
Exactly this ... there may also be a fave ride that needs a re-ride? You may find you need to be flexible and change parts of planned days too.
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
You have a very busy schedule. We do not stay in the parks all day as find we get tired/ the q's get too big so we stop enjoying it as much. So we tend to do half days.

Early mornings are great for getting more rides done. Evenings are essential in order to see all the firework shows and the parks are lovely all lit up.

Therefore we have spend at least 4 or 5 'sessions' in MK, 2 or 3 in Epcot, 2 in HS, 2 in AK, but only need a day each in the Universal parks and Seaworld. It's an exhausting trip and we never get everything done, which is why we keeping back!
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

As above, I would leave that last day free to see what you want to revisit. Or it may be that you need to push something back if you need to take a day off mid-visit.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post

It is a lot to pack in, we wouldn't be there all day, when I say day, I definitely don't mean open until closing. We would either go early and leave earlier or go later and stay until later, that would be our day out. I know we'll need to go late for the fireworks (are these everyday?)

Good idea to leave it free and just see what happens. It may need slightly rejigging whilst we are there anyway as the water parks will be weather dependant so if there is a hotter day forecast, then we'll swap something around. I'm just trying to be mindful and having days in between plus shopping days in between as they won't be full days either, more a few hours in the morning or afternoon, then sitting by the pool, hopefully. It's not set in stone, more an idea so we aren't going in completely blind.
Old 29 Dec 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

We're going around the same time as you. I was assuming the water parks wouldn't be busy on any days due to the temperatures in February. It's worth having some flexibility though as when we went in late feb/early march 5 years ago there were some days they were closed due to low temperatures.

I think the idea of revisiting whatever you like best is a good one. I'd also say that doing Epcot in one day would be a lot in terms of walking to cover all of world showcase as well as the rides etc
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 11:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
We're going around the same time as you. I was assuming the water parks wouldn't be busy on any days due to the temperatures in February. It's worth having some flexibility though as when we went in late feb/early march 5 years ago there were some days they were closed due to low temperatures.

I think the idea of revisiting whatever you like best is a good one. I'd also say that doing Epcot in one day would be a lot in terms of walking to cover all of world showcase as well as the rides etc
Epcot is one of the least busy on our free day so good to bear that in mind.

Where are you staying? I see you go 3 days before us. I have planned water parks but am aware it may not be got enough. Really hope it is though!
Old 30 Dec 17, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by HarryJPotter View Post
Epcot is one of the least busy on our free day so good to bear that in mind.

Where are you staying? I see you go 3 days before us. I have planned water parks but am aware it may not be got enough. Really hope it is though!
We're in a villa in Windsor Hills. Hoping to do Blizzard Beach one day so we're crossing fingers for at least some warm by British standards days! I've been twice before at that time and generally it would have been, we just had one cold weekend
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List