Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Feb 08, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post

What's your opinion of Nassau?

I've read all sorts of things that are putting me off getting off the ship.
I DO NOT like the idea of being hassled by market traders ...although I hear there are some good jewellery shops.

What did you make of your stop at Nassau?

The highs and lows please.

Lesley
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 08, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Lesley, we didn't get off at Nassau for more or less the same reasons as you have mentioned. Plus with it being our first cruise and we were only on the ship for 3 days we didn't want to feel as though we'd not spent time onboard iykwim

Next time though we might get off for a look around, not at the straw market though, I just don't fancy that.
Old 21 Feb 08, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Lesley, we didn't get off at Nassau for more or less the same reasons as you have mentioned. Plus with it being our first cruise and we were only on the ship for 3 days we didn't want to feel as though we'd not spent time onboard iykwim
That's exactly my attitude it's our first cruise and I'm not planning to get off the ship. DH may have other idea's but I'm planning to enjoy all the facilities

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 08, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
We LOVE Nassau - our third stop there in April! The market traders can pester you, but we just walk away if we arent interested! Got some very good bargains tho through bartering! Prada copy bag went from $90 to $25!

I dont like the streets tho - makes Key West look very posh! (No good if you dont know what Key West is like tho ). Tatty, messy streets with every other shop being a jewelly one! Would get off the boat every time. Make sure you pop into Senor Frogs for a swift half - its near the Straw Market.
Old 21 Feb 08, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Michelle, this is our first cruise too but I'm thinking, imagine going all that way and not getting off at least for a wee while. But...

I read on a US board - "we were approached by some unsavoury characters. (I dont think she meant Minnie & Mickey!) and my husband was offered cigars, drugs and women..in that order!"

That kind of story gets me worried. I realise it may be a very isolated case, but still...
Old 21 Feb 08, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by les13 View Post
I read on a US board - "we were approached by some unsavoury characters. (I dont think she meant Minnie & Mickey!) and my husband was offered cigars, drugs and women..in that order!"

That kind of story gets me worried. I realise it may be a very isolated case, but still...

Never happened to us at all. The only mistake we made was booking a trip to Paradise Island on the ship. Much, much cheaper just jumping onto one of the tenders at the harbour side. I'll see if I can post some pics ..
Old 21 Feb 08, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkers
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
That's exactly my attitude it's our first cruise and I'm not planning to get off the ship. DH may have other idea's but I'm planning to enjoy all the facilities
We will also be staying on the ship, as it is our first cruise. We are hoping to make full use of all the facilities. See you on board

Suzanne

Hilton Head April 2018
China & Japan Sept 2018
Portugal Oct 18
Tinkers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 08, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by les13 View Post
Michelle, this is our first cruise too but I'm thinking, imagine going all that way and not getting off at least for a wee while. But...
Lesley I don't think that this will be your one and only cruise

I think you will be going on another one
Old 21 Feb 08, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
debs1505
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Why go all that way and not see all the gorgeous places you're visiting! I know the cruise ships are fab, but there are some amazing trips in Nassau - the Atlantis resort and beach for one! Oh, and some fantastic bargains to be had!
Old 21 Feb 08, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Michelle View Post
Lesley I don't think that this will be your one and only cruise

I think you will be going on another one
Have you been talking to my DH? I think he's already worried at me asking what the offers are if you re-book whilst on-board!
Closed Thread