Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 4 Mar 08, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post

boarding time?

Hi,

we are cruising with royal caribbean from port canaveral and wondered what time we can board the ship, we depart at 5pm and i would like to spend as much time as possible exploring the ship and booking my spa appointments before they get full

Also what time do we have to leave the ship when we get back to port, it says we arrive at 7.00am i think, will we have to get off immediately or can we stay on longer?

Im sooo excited
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 08, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Hiya

Iv been doing a lot of research on RCCL recently, so although I havent cruised with them yet hopefully I can help answer some of your questions!

Most people arrive at the port for 10am, and boarding usually starts at 12pm remember you need to go through security and all the check in procedures so you wont just be hanging around the terminal for 2 hours waiting in line at the gang plank!

All passengers are boarderd in numbered catergories, people in suites and diamond members get boarding card number 1 and board first, then people with boarding card number 2 and so on. All passengers must be checked in and aboard the ship 90mins before the ship departs.

As soon as your onboard, send your hubby to chops/portfino to make reservations for those speciality restraunts while you head to the spa to book your treatments, that way hopefully you will get the times/treatments that you really want.

When it comes time to disembark, you will be given a colour coded luggage tag, they will announce over the tannoy that 'all red tags can disembark the ship' that means that your luggage has been off loaded and is in the holding area at customs, it doesnt mean you have to get off the ship there and then, you can go and enjoy breakfast and leave anytime after your colour tag has been announced. All passengers are usually off the ship by 9.30am ish.
Old 5 Mar 08, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HiddenMickey35
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by Minniesmum View Post
Hi,

we are cruising with royal caribbean from port canaveral and wondered what time we can board the ship, we depart at 5pm and i would like to spend as much time as possible exploring the ship and booking my spa appointments before they get full

Also what time do we have to leave the ship when we get back to port, it says we arrive at 7.00am i think, will we have to get off immediately or can we stay on longer?

Im sooo excited
I bet you are

Can you tell me which name of royal caribbean? I saw one in europe last year it was liberty of the sea.

You can go there early maybe after 10 am.

Please let me know how you get on with royal c. okay.

I wish you have a fabulous times.

My cruise is soon well in May, i'm soo excited well.

Scottishwee35
DCL 6-9April 06,DCL on 18 July 07, Medi.,DCL on 15 Nights Panama Canal - Westbound< May 08, NEW YORK NOV 24-30TH WITH 5 LADIES :, DCL on 3 July '10 for 8 days Dover to Barcelona RCCI - FOS 10 April '11, Spendlour of the Seas, 19 July 2013,Disney Magic 14 Nights WB Tranny Sep 6, 2014, Jamaica June 12-23, 2018, RC Cruise, Halloween 2019, Mexico with groups, Sept 2022, DCL Nowhere on 27th July 2021 for 3 nights?, Anthem of the Seas, Norweigian Fjords Cruise, May 2022
HiddenMickey35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 08, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post

My guess if its sailing out of Caneveral it must be Mariner of the seas? The Liberty is sailing out of Miami at the moment
Old 5 Mar 08, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Minniesmum's sig says Bahamas cruise so guess its Sovereign 3 or 4 nights? might be wrong.
We are going back on Sovereign for 2nd time in August, Old ship but £200 each for outside cabin in August was a bargain for 4 nights.
Old 5 Mar 08, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Minniesmum's sig says Bahamas cruise so guess its Sovereign 3 or 4 nights? might be wrong.
We are going back on Sovereign for 2nd time in August, Old ship but £200 each for outside cabin in August was a bargain for 4 nights.
Woooahhhh what a great bargain you lucky thing! I keep forgetting about the 4 day bahamas cruises, have only researched 7 night itinerary's and the only RCCL ship of that class sailing out of Caneveral is the Mariner at the moment, so yep if its Bahamas then it must be Sovereign

Think the embark/disembark info still applies though whatever length of cruise you take? What time did you get to the port/get on the ship Wayneg when you did Soverign last time?
Old 5 Mar 08, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
wayneg
Imagineer

Can't remember, I know we did exactly same as we do for Disney cruises, got up, have breakfast and drive to port, so a rough guess arriving at around 10am. Booked thru cruisedirect.com, they give 3% cashaback thru rpoints.com. $400 each for a F1 cabin, $1,200 for 3 of us. Disney for same dates was $3,600 Doing Disney Wonder on our Easter trip so could not pay that for August, just crazy.
Old 5 Mar 08, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, it is the sovereign of the seas and we got a great bargain, i have read it is one of the older ships but had an update not long back, and for the price we paid for the 3 days it was too good to miss

So im going to arrive at 10am and be on board as soon as we can Thanks
Old 30 Mar 08, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
jaci
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Minniesmum View Post
Hi,

Im sooo excited
hi we cruised with rcl last june and were told boarding time was 2pm however my impatient father insisted we go to the port earlier, and we arrived at check in at 12pm and were allowed to board to my fathers joy! Just in time to go to the windjammer cafe for buffet lunch! yummy! and yes you do need to leave early! thats the bad bit! in order for them to get the ship ready for all the new people!

Edited at 04:57 PM. Reason: new question
jaci is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 08, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread