Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 26 May 17, 03:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Top Bombing
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by jiiimse View Post
Still having issues have done OLCI, got confirmation with Bar Code, tried to do STC, kept getting error messages despite completing the form and submitting Credit Card details

Thanks James
Hi James

I completed STC today and had issues with error messages even though I had entered my Credit Card details. :angry:

I did the OLCI again and there was a button to print off the STC Document , maybe if you do the same yours will be there too?

Edited at 05:05 PM.
Top Bombing is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 17, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
lapixiefairy
Trainee Dibber

I've just completed OLCI but have no option to STC - is this possible because I've booked through a 3rd party? (rentalcars.com) I booked directly last time so not sure? Thanks
lapixiefairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 17, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Top Bombing
Staying in the Castle

Originally Posted by lapixiefairy View Post
I've just completed OLCI but have no option to STC - is this possible because I've booked through a 3rd party? (rentalcars.com) I booked directly last time so not sure? Thanks
Hi

My car hire is also through rentalcars.com and I've successfully completed STC.

What I did (thanks to all the helpful advice on this thread) was complete OLCI, so you'll need to do this again. Then with the OLCI still open, open an additional internet window and google Alamo Skip the Counter, one of the links will mention bypass. Click on it and it'll use the information already held in the OLCI and you'll be able to complete the STC. I had problems with internet error messages appearing I ignored them and managed to enter my cc details. The option to print the STC document didn't appear for me when I submitted everything but I just logged back into OLCI and a button to print the STC was there and so I now have my STC

Good luck!
Top Bombing is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
dvdrip
Trying for More Ears

Booked through Brits and paid at the time - showing as money taken from credit card. Trying to do Skip the Counter and its asking for credit card at that there is an amount due at pickup (same amount as they have taken)? If we put card details in will we get charged twice?

Hi Exactly the same situation ia'm in.
don't want to enter card details again and have to apply for a refund if i get charged again.
Anyone else had this before?Thanks.

Edited at 04:35 PM. Reason: Didn't copy post
dvdrip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dvdrip View Post
Booked through Brits and paid at the time - showing as money taken from credit card. Trying to do Skip the Counter and its asking for credit card at that there is an amount due at pickup (same amount as they have taken)? If we put card details in will we get charged twice?

Hi Exactly the same situation ia'm in.
don't want to enter card details again and have to apply for a refund if i get charged again.
Anyone else had this before?Thanks.
We came back last week and had prepaid via Alamo Brits but our Skip the Counter said we still needed to pay the full hire car charges. There's been recent glitches since they changed to their new system.

Skip the Counter always needs the credit card details inputting even if youve prepaid. Bit it usually shows 0.00 to pay rather than the full amount still.

We emailed Alamo before we left, who sent us confirmation that we'd prepaid and had nothing to pay on arrival.

We printed the original booking confirmation showing it was prepaid.

We printed our credit card statement showing it was prepaid.

So we were armed for any discussion on exiting the garage that we were still to pay.

We had no problem at all. Didn't need anything we'd taken. They informed us nothing was due and our car hire paperwork showed 0.00 as we left.
ROBBOTOO is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
dvdrip
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by ROBBOTOO View Post
We came back last week and had prepaid via Alamo Brits but our Skip the Counter said we still needed to pay the full hire car charges. There's been recent glitches since they changed to their new system.

Skip the Counter always needs the credit card details inputting even if youve prepaid. Bit it usually shows 0.00 to pay rather than the full amount still.

We emailed Alamo before we left, who sent us confirmation that we'd prepaid and had nothing to pay on arrival.

We printed the original booking confirmation showing it was prepaid.

We printed our credit card statement showing it was prepaid.

So we were armed for any discussion on exiting the garage that we were still to pay.

We had no problem at all. Didn't need anything we'd taken. They informed us nothing was due and our car hire paperwork showed 0.00 as we left.
Hi thanks for that.I'll go ahead with my details then!Thanks once again.
dvdrip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
tony_r
Gone all Goofy

Sorry if it's already been answered in the thread, I skipped the counter last year but I can't remember so does anyone know if the pick up is on the ground floor or if I need to go up the escalator to the 1st floor in the garage
tony_r is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

Alamo at MCO is located on ground floor level
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
tony_r
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by newstewart View Post
Alamo at MCO is located on ground floor level
Thank you.
tony_r is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 17, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
newstewart
Apprentice Imagineer

We're heading home tomorrow. Hope you enjoy yourself
newstewart is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List