Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 17 Apr 20, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile Should I pay the balance?

Me and two friends are meant to be going to Madrid, Paris and then finishing in Disneyland Paris this summer. Obviously that is looking very unlikely to go ahead.

We are due to be in Disneyland Paris from 5th to the 10th July. We’ve paid around £400 deposit and the remaining £2500 is due on may 6th. Disney have only given guidance for June bookings at the moment but assuming it’s similar I don’t know whether to risk paying the balance.

Rebooking this year isn’t really an option as we are all teachers and aren’t all free in the October school holidays.

I’m a bit wary of a voucher as I don’t want to be locked into going to Disneyland Paris next summer. We are all Disney fans but going to Disneyland was just the ending of a larger holiday. We had also planned to go to America including Florida next summer. Also prices could be higher and we had free food included which may not be available if we rebook meaning we may have to pay more.

If we pay the balance and travel restrictions are still in place then insurance should cover us for a refund. However if the park and hotels are opened by July then we would have to either go or lose the money. I live with someone who is high risk so don’t want to risk bringing something home. Also we were meant to be flying to Paris from Madrid.

I also thought that current advice was that you shouldn’t be offered vouchers and should be offered a full refund if the hotel was closed?

I know we don’t have the answers just now, but I have a feeling it may be open in some capacity by July. What are other people thinking? Pay the balance and see what happens or take the hit and lose the deposit.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Andyroom
I want to go now!

I'd expect more info will be released before the balance is due. So personally I'd wait a week or so and see what happens.
Andyroom is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
lorr05

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andyroom View Post
I'd expect more info will be released before the balance is due. So personally I'd wait a week or so and see what happens.
Yeah we still have a few weeks to decide and hopefully things might look a bit clearer then, but still need to make that decision of whether to be locked into going to Disneyland Paris again at another time or indeed having to go this summer (If flights are going we may not get money back on those either) or losing the deposit.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Andyroom
I want to go now!

I'd rather just lose the deposit. Not great but gives you more options and divided by three as well.
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Andyroom
I want to go now!

If Disney is open again by then, aren't you legally bound to pay the balance anyway?
Old 17 Apr 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
lorr05

Mobile

Originally Posted by Andyroom View Post
If Disney is open again by then, aren't you legally bound to pay the balance anyway?
Surely not if we choose to cancel the booking?
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Andyroom
I want to go now!

Ah, I see, then you'd have to pay the cancellation fee, which I believe is 15% of the price. Not sure whether that's on top of the deposit. Anyone know?
Old 17 Apr 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Andyroom
I want to go now!

Apparently it's deducted from your deposit.
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lorr05 View Post
Me and two friends are meant to be going to Madrid, Paris and then finishing in Disneyland Paris this summer. Obviously that is looking very unlikely to go ahead.

We are due to be in Disneyland Paris from 5th to the 10th July. We’ve paid around £400 deposit and the remaining £2500 is due on may 6th. Disney have only given guidance for June bookings at the moment but assuming it’s similar I don’t know whether to risk paying the balance.

Rebooking this year isn’t really an option as we are all teachers and aren’t all free in the October school holidays.

I’m a bit wary of a voucher as I don’t want to be locked into going to Disneyland Paris next summer. We are all Disney fans but going to Disneyland was just the ending of a larger holiday. We had also planned to go to America including Florida next summer. Also prices could be higher and we had free food included which may not be available if we rebook meaning we may have to pay more.

If we pay the balance and travel restrictions are still in place then insurance should cover us for a refund. However if the park and hotels are opened by July then we would have to either go or lose the money. I live with someone who is high risk so don’t want to risk bringing something home. Also we were meant to be flying to Paris from Madrid.

I also thought that current advice was that you shouldn’t be offered vouchers and should be offered a full refund if the hotel was closed?

I know we don’t have the answers just now, but I have a feeling it may be open in some capacity by July. What are other people thinking? Pay the balance and see what happens or take the hit and lose the deposit.
Just to double check - have you booked the Disney portion of your trip directly with Disneyland Paris? (i.e. disneylandparis.co.uk).

If so (and if the park closure is extended into July) then you will most likely be offered to either move the date or get a voucher. The French government have actually issued a law/rule change to say travel providers CAN offer these vouchers as a way of helping the travel companies to not hemorrhage so much cash.

However if the voucher has not been used within 18 months you are then entitled to a refund. So the worst that would happen is you have to wait that 18 month period without the cash, and if you haven't rebooked DLP then you get your money at that point.

I would agree with other posters and hold off paying until the last minute to see what is happening at that time. You might also find they aren't chasing due payments as they normally would (I know the Walt Disney Travel Company for example are saying you can hold off paying your final balance for now) so you might get a bit of leeway with DLP for making that final payment.

Hope that helps.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 01:17 PM  
Link to this Post
lorr05

Mobile

Originally Posted by Stubbs86 View Post
Just to double check - have you booked the Disney portion of your trip directly with Disneyland Paris? (i.e. disneylandparis.co.uk).

If so (and if the park closure is extended into July) then you will most likely be offered to either move the date or get a voucher. The French government have actually issued a law/rule change to say travel providers CAN offer these vouchers as a way of helping the travel companies to not hemorrhage so much cash.

However if the voucher has not been used within 18 months you are then entitled to a refund. So the worst that would happen is you have to wait that 18 month period without the cash, and if you haven't rebooked DLP then you get your money at that point.

I would agree with other posters and hold off paying until the last minute to see what is happening at that time. You might also find they aren't chasing due payments as they normally would (I know the Walt Disney Travel Company for example are saying you can hold off paying your final balance for now) so you might get a bit of leeway with DLP for making that final payment.

Hope that helps.
That does help thank you. I think it was through Disneyland Paris. I know I price checked both and on the confirmation it only days Disneyland Paris with no mention of Walt Disney travel company so I must have booked through Disneyland Paris.

Can I ask where you found this information from?