Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 May 20, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Door wreaths

Anyone have them on all year round? Keep seeing some artificial ones and think they look nice. If you have how do they fare in wind and rain?
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

I do ,I spray them with Never Wet if it’s really windy I bring them in
I actually find the sun fades them worse I probably get 2/3 years out of them
They are easy to make grapevine wreath a glue gun and what ever you fancy
Loads of how too on YouTube check out Sweet Daisy Creations or Arlynns Country craft corner or even trendy tree .com loads of tutorials on all of these
My biggest bug bear here lack of suitable signs and variety of wired ribbon 99% of my wreath supplies I buy in the US but it can be done with stuff from the likes of Hobb6 Craft
Country Baskets The Range etc even Etsy
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

I made one out of my wedding bouquet...I had to buy faux as we got married in Miami and I didn’t want the stress of finding a florist for just one bouquet of greenery. I tend to take it in and hang it on the inside of the door during bad weather but she’s lasted quite well! I used upside down command hooks and thick ribbon to tie it up

Turns out i don’t have any good pictures of the bouquet 😂 from memory it cost about £60 but there was so much leftover from the wreath that I’ve managed to fill a vase as well!
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
I made one out of my wedding bouquet...I had to buy faux as we got married in Miami and I didn’t want the stress of finding a florist for just one bouquet of greenery. I tend to take it in and hang it on the inside of the door during bad weather but she’s lasted quite well! I used upside down command hooks and thick ribbon to tie it up

Turns out i don’t have any good pictures of the bouquet 😂 from memory it cost about £60 but there was so much leftover from the wreath that I’ve managed to fill a vase as well!
Ooh, that's lovely

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
I do ,I spray them with Never Wet if it’s really windy I bring them in
I actually find the sun fades them worse I probably get 2/3 years out of them
They are easy to make grapevine wreath a glue gun and what ever you fancy
Loads of how too on YouTube check out Sweet Daisy Creations or Arlynns Country craft corner or even trendy tree .com loads of tutorials on all of these
My biggest bug bear here lack of suitable signs and variety of wired ribbon 99% of my wreath supplies I buy in the US but it can be done with stuff from the likes of Hobb6 Craft
Country Baskets The Range etc even Etsy
Thank you

Off to have a nosy around.
Anne is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Don’t forget chalk paint can be your friend if you see ‘that’s what I want but not that colour
Faux pumpkins if I painted one last year I painted a dozen DIL wanted creams and greys
Even embroidery hoops can be used
Pinterest is your friend for inspiration
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

I have one for different seasons. I've just taken off my Easter one and will soon get down my Summer one. I've also got a Fall themed one with sunflowers and pumpkins and the obvious Christmas one. I would love to get a Spring themed one for after Easter but before summer, I've seen a lovely tulip one but its mega £££ as I think it's shipped from the US. As Gryff says, have a look on Pinterest there are so many different ideas on there

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

The tulip ones are easy to make but the amount of tulips you need make it expensive and it takes a bit of time and patience
DILs tulip one took me a good few hours and dozens of tulips 🌷
Check out southern charm wreaths tulip,wreath on YouTube she has some great tutorials on there

Edited at 08:40 PM.
Old 12 May 20, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
The tulip ones are easy to make but the amount of tulips you need make it expensive and it takes a bit of time and patience
DILs tulip one took me a good few hours and dozens of tulips 🌷
Check out southern charm wreaths tulip,wreath on YouTube she has some great tutorials on there
Thanks Helen will have a look. Do you have any recommendations for where to buy artificial bunches of tulips? I know I would need loads as the one I’ve seen is really big and full like this, I love it!

smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Well, DH has said our door will look ridiculous with one on It's an old door with a semi circle of glass at the top and the rest of it is solid.
Old 12 May 20, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Here I'd look at country baskets online or Amazon remember that a 15 inch wreath form will actually be around 18 inches wide when made up
I bought the tulips for DILs in Hobby lobby when they were 50% off
It's pinks as well
Hobby craft might still have some as well