Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jan 19, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
OMG I have literally just done mine (for 4 ppl an hr ago! ) . This is ridiculous I didn’t click on that as it clearly states the first name! I haven’t been on the Dibb today otherwise I would have seen this.
I’m going to have to do them again - what a waste of £40! I was stressed doing them anyway.
Mine was still in date as I did it Feb 19 so will this one be okay.
So do I just go ahead and redo a new application will it know I have new ESTAS and give a message?
you will get a message saying you have an esta with so many months, do you wish to continue. just say yes, the new one then overides the 1st

Dis my daughters a few weeks ago and had to do hers again today.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
It is sickening I’m like you, have mine from last yr but only did my sons the other night, so doing his again.
I’m a bit miffed about the money but tbh for me it’s more about the stress as I absolutely hate doing them. I don’t know why as they aren’t difficult to do I think it’s more IF you make a mistake and it’s not approved. Honestly I skipped downstairs all smug they were done got a brew and came on here and now I feel sick! I wish I could just amend it.
I saw you can upload your passport and nearly did that but wasn’t sure how to. Did you upload th3 passport and how do you do it
Old 5 Jan 19, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

I’m a bit miffed about the money but tbh for me it’s more about the stress as I absolutely hate doing them. I don’t know why as they aren’t difficult to do I think it’s more IF you make a mistake and it’s not approved. Honestly I skipped downstairs all smug they were done got a brew and came on here and now I feel sick! I wish I could just amend it.
I saw you can upload your passport and nearly did that but wasn’t sure how to. Did you upload th3 passport and how do you do it
Yeah not the money at all for me either it’s the stress! I too was feeling good that his was done & dusted & now I keep putting it off doing it. I’ll wait to Monday as I can go through this so soon again lol
Im gonna submit the passport this time to make sure it’s done right!
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Yeah not the money at all for me either it’s the stress! I too was feeling good that his was done & dusted & now I keep putting it off doing it. I’ll wait to Monday as I can go through this so soon again lol
Im gonna submit the passport this time to make sure it’s done right!
I’ve emailed them. I know another dibber did too but I wanted confirmation about my one aswell anyway so I have it in black and white so to speak. So I’ve asked about the 4 I’ve just done and my one I did last Feb. If I have to do mine too I will just do all of us in 1 go. Would be gutted if I did the other 4 and not mine and I don’t get in. Not sure the power of me saying I read it on the Dibb and didnt need to do it would work ha ha (even though we are a knowledgeable lot lol)
Old 5 Jan 19, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’ve emailed them. I know another dibber did too but I wanted confirmation about my one aswell anyway so I have it in black and white so to speak. So I’ve asked about the 4 I’ve just done and my one I did last Feb. If I have to do mine too I will just do all of us in 1 go. Would be gutted if I did the other 4 and not mine and I don’t get in. Not sure the power of me saying I read it on the Dibb and didnt need to do it would work ha ha (even though we are a knowledgeable lot lol)
Let me know Tweety please before I re-do my sons, just incase I need to do mine too. Thanks.

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Let me know Tweety please before I re-do my sons, just incase I need to do mine too. Thanks.
Of course I will. It said upto 10 days for a response but the other dibber received her response the next day! My DH is like just do them all but I’m not doing mine if it’s not necessary. Hopefully if ppl do contact then they will see how easy this is to get it wrong as they do need to update the form. Honestly I’m really thorough and DH checks through the answers and I do read the ? but I thought these were helpful tips if you didn’t understand the question, I thought I understood the question and couldn’t go wrong with a First name ha ha. At least we know now and I will see what they say. I know I have to do the 4 again which is a pain but I might upload the passports this time. I would still make sure the data has gone in properly though. I really,really don’t like doing them they bring me out in a cold sweat
Can’t believe how quick your surprise trip has come around! Did you keep it secret fr9m him and did you book Dylan’s tour?

Edited at 11:35 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Will you please let us know what their response was?

I have to say that it would be procedurally odd for them to suggest that existing ESTAs, that have been duly approved months ago, ought to be redone due to an administrative update taking place months later. It's akin to revoking these ESTAs, without informing the relevant people, unless they happen to read a post on the dibb and get in touch with them?!

Edited at 11:45 PM.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 19, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lily8 View Post
Will you please let us know what their response was?

I have to say that it would be procedurally odd for them to suggest that existing ESTAs, that have been duly approved months ago, ought to be redone due to an administrative update taking place months later. It's akin to revoking these ESTAs, without informing the relevant people, unless they happen to read a post on the dibb and get in touch with them?!
Yes I will as soon as I hear. TBH if this hadn’t been on the Dibb I wouldn’t have even known about the middle name change. So for the OP that posted the heading middle name on ESTA thank you as that got my attention. We get loads of ESTA questions on here and I don’t read all of them. The one that talked about this last night I didn’t read (and if I had I would have known) but we can’t all read everything. I have filled a few ESTAS in but even if you haven’t it clearly says First given name! So why would you click the ? It’s like the family name question you wouldn’t click it! Like I said I should have uploaded the passport but I thought it might have been a faff - how wrong was I! I think they will say mine is fine but no one actually knows as it’s all assumptions! I tried to google it and went on the ESTA site and I can’t even see any information about the change(I didn’t spend loads of time looking though). If they had put it on the banner across the website like they have with the 72hr approval then ppl would know.
Will let you all know

Edited at 11:56 PM.
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Mobile

Just done ours today and included all middle names as it says if clicking on the question mark.

Can’t remember the ESTAs being so time consuming... much more to fill out than last time we did it early 2016.
Old 6 Jan 19, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JanetA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

OMG I have literally just done mine (for 4 ppl an hr ago! ) . This is ridiculous I didn’t click on that as it clearly states first name! I haven’t been on the Dibb today otherwise I would have seen this.
I’m going to have to do them again - what a waste of £40! I was stressed doing them anyway.
Mine was still in date as I did it Feb 18 so will this one be okay.
So do I just go ahead and redo a new application will it know I have new ESTAS and give a message?

Like you I did ours yesterday ( I have just got a new passport )
My husbands was still valid, but silly me decided to apply for two new Esta's so they both had the same expiry date.
I did not realise that middle name was required, I did not check the ?
I have emailed them to see if it can be rectified but I do not think it can, so when I get a reply I will do a new application for my husband.

The ironic thing is that the Esta I cancelled for my husband contained his middle name !

Note to self check the ? boxes in future

cheers

Jan
JanetA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List