Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 20 Oct 19, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile Real Christmas trees

Can you get tall slim ones? The only place I can have my Xmas tree is squeezed next to my chair in the bay window and it’s not that big and so I have a tall slim tree - which my mum says is anorexic 😡.
When we used to go to Centerparcs for Xmas I used to look forward to having a real tree (if only for a week) so I’m just thinking since we now can’t go what about a real tree for once. But can you get slim ones?
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:21 PM  
Link to this Post
shoei
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Not really in my experience. They tend to get quite fat!

Can you have a small potted one somewhere else?
shoei is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 19, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

buy a fat one and cut the branches off. but then its called a stick.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

The Fraser fir is a bit slimmer than the usual ones and available at lots of garden centres - but still about 3ft across at 6ft tall.
WhereIBelong is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Mobile

You can always trim the branch's but you may struggle to get one slim enough. Try going to a tree farm and take a measure tape, better than buying precut ones as this was you can really see the tree.
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

We have a bay window and move the chair there into a bedroom over Christmas. The tree then takes centre stage.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

I’m sure there’s a real Christmas tree expert on here (runs a Christmas tree business) but have forgotten who it is... someone else may remember?

Just checked and it’s captain-codeye...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater

Edited at 10:28 AM.
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

We go to a tree farm to pick ours, they have every shape and size imaginable...including a sad little area where the more unusual and sometimes fugly (but heavily discounted!) trees live 😂

If you’re in the North West, it’s called Christmas Tree Land, off the East Lancs x
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 19, 07:11 PM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by djewkes View Post
I’m sure there’s a real Christmas tree expert on here (runs a Christmas tree business) but have forgotten who it is... someone else may remember?

Just checked and it’s captain-codeye...
Holds hand up😂

I only looked in here today as I went to Costco and they had loads of Christmas things!

To answer the op, all tress are available in all shapes and sizes, we have over 300,000 in the ground so I can assure you there will be a prefect one.

Have a look here

bctga/click-search...results&sid=55

You can find your local grower and choose your tree whilst still in the ground.

Please stay away from chain garden centres and major retailers, there trees have been cut and are sitting sweating in shipping containers at the ports even now.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Nov 19, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you - sorry I completely forgot I posted this - I’ve just had a quick look but don’t seem any near me I’ll try and have a proper look. I just wondered if there was a specific “brand” that were noted for being slim?
Moving the chair isn’t an option - we would never get it upstairs and if we did we couldn’t fit it anywhere and the other furniture and a radiator means there is no alternative spot in the living room.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List