Notices

Old 9 Jun 10, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Woo Hoo Marion I've been hoping you'd do a pre trip report!

Our room was ready when we checked in to HRH about 9ish last year so hopefully yours will be too.

Looking forward to your updates.

xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 10, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Thought i'd update with the ADR's i've booked so far The only one i've eaten at before was Whispering Canyon and we all loved it there so just had to book it again.

Here goes!

The Chrystal Palace - Breakfast
The Whispering Canyon Cafe - Dinner
Yak & Yeti - Dinner
California Grill - Dinner
50's Prime Time Cafe - Dinner
Le Cellier - Dinner
Chef Mickey's - Dinner
Ohana's - Dinner
Cape May Cafe - Dinner
The Chrystal Palace - Dinner
The Coral Reef - Dinner
1900 Park Fayre - Dinner

Now...you may have noticed that all apart from 1 is for dinner. The reason for this? Well I have the most laziest kids in the world I have booked The Chrystal Palace for 8.30am on our first morning as i'm not confident enough that we'll make it any earlier. I should manage to get them up, organised and out the hotel room by 8am on our first morning but rest assured after that first morning i'll not budge them before 10am.

I'm really looking forward to all the above restaurants, i've researched them loads on here and I'm confident my kids will eat at all these places too as they are also known to be very fussy eaters. I'd have loved to tried Tepen Edo (sp) but they don't have a kids menu so it would be a waste of time.

I only booked 1900 Park Fayre a couple of weeks ago but have yet to tell DH and the boys that it's (mostly) female characters i.e. Cinderella/Alice in Wonderland lol. I'll wait till we're actually in the restaurant and see if they mention anthing about it lol

I'm not sure if I mentioned in my earlier thread but I bought the 2 park tickets for Universal/IOA from Florida Tix. At the time I paid £83 for the adult tickets and £77 for the child ticket. I ordered them online on the Thursday and they arrived on the Saturday morning...and they were REAL tickets I just wish they would make the tickets a bit more 'posher' than a piece of card! but hey ho i'm not complaining too much cos at least we'll get into the parks with them

Another thing i've done this week (much to the joy of Maggie b)... i've just gone and booked a villa for October 2011! . I can't believe that I now have 2 holidays to organise (well 3 actually as i've already got 2012's in the early planning stages)

Next year we will be holidaying in Florida with my lovely sister Maggie b and staying in Sandra's (arkvilla) villa. We've never stayed in a villa before and i'm mega excited about it. We have booked it for the beginning of October next year and so far there is 6 of us going.

So that's my wee update. I'm now going to do a list of rides/attractions/shows we (I) want to see and will add them to this thread once i've got them finished.

All i'm waiting on patiently now is for the pound to get better again the dollar! I'm itching to get more dollars in my mitts but will see if it hits that magic figure first ($1.50)
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 10, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

Hey I have just read ALL your trip reports from last year they were really good! THANKS

I am also going that same time as you this year(14th Oct) staying at the Port Orleans Riverside, I sooooo can't wait, I will maybe see you around (not at the rollercoasters though haha)!

I see your planning for 2011 and 2012 WOW you will be busy. I too have free dining this year. You have picked good places

Enjoy planning...
2013 March Boston. 2012/2014/2015 Saratoga Springs
2014 March NYC. Vegas 2015, Disneyland 2016&18 Saratoga 17,18 Coronado Springs 19,20
disneyforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 10, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
TrueBlue
Imagineer

TrueBlue's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by disneyforever View Post
Hey I have just read ALL your trip reports from last year they were really good! THANKS

I am also going that same time as you this year(14th Oct) staying at the Port Orleans Riverside, I sooooo can't wait, I will maybe see you around (not at the rollercoasters though haha)!

I see your planning for 2011 and 2012 WOW you will be busy. I too have free dining this year. You have picked good places

Enjoy planning...
Thanks for reading last years trip report Emma... I've still got a couple of days to do that i've never to round to

I think there's a DTD meet set up for October this year... maybe see you there Might even bump into you in some of the restaurants
TrueBlue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 10, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
SammyScotland
Imagineer

Wow, 3 trips in planning mode!

I wish we could book our trip to the USA for next year but DH is a civil servant and has to wait to see what impact the spending cuts is going to have on his job! Plus we need to wait for the exam timetable for next year's Highers to be released.

We flew with Continental this year and can give them the .
Friendly crew, good IFE and okay leg room in economy. We would definitely fly with them again.

Can also recommend the Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal. We stayed there for 7 nights in June 2005 and had a great stay. Loved being able to walk to the parks rather than having to queue for buses and being able to use the room key as a fast pass.
Old 9 Jul 10, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great pre trippie, we will have left SSR just as you arrive.
Old 14 Jul 10, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
disneyforever
Imagineer

Great pre trip report! Maybe see you there we go the 14th from Glasgow!

We cant wait either... Enjoy your planning...
2013 March Boston. 2012/2014/2015 Saratoga Springs
2014 March NYC. Vegas 2015, Disneyland 2016&18 Saratoga 17,18 Coronado Springs 19,20
disneyforever is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 10, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report. I cant wiat to go too - October at Disney Beach Club so will be there at the same time as you. Have a great hols! Gill x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 10, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
brummymummy
Imagineer

brummymummy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Guidebook Photos: 90
Its looking good we have a couple of the same ADR's I have booked teppan edo though as it looks entertaining and if nothing else mine will eat the noodles

We are at SSR for your last 4 days so maybe see you around!

xx
2012 Pre-trippie
brummymummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 10, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
joandwayne
VIP Dibber

joandwayne's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 20
We will be there at the same time but in POR. We have booked HRH for one night to get FOTL passes

AKL, Walt Disney World, July 2017, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2016, Washington DC, California (Disney) and New York, August 2015, AKL, Walt Disney World, August 2014, West Coast USA and Disney Aulani, Hawaii, August 2013, Old Key West, Walt Disney World, Oct 2012, West Coast USA, Aug 2011, New York, April 2011, May 2009, Port Orleans, Walt Disney World, Oct 2010, Disney Cruise, May 2010, POP Century, Walt Disney World, Nov 2008, May 2007, Oct 2005, Kissimee Oct 2003, Oct 1990
joandwayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List