col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Never mind Epricot...Travel Day

15 October 2011

The alarm was set for 7am but I was awake from 6am, couldn't settle, wanted to just get up and go...!

here's the obligatory pic of the kids ready to go with their new Disney store hand luggage

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

As we had checked the bags in the night before, it was so nice not to have to queue again! we got our boarding cards and headed off through security without incident for breakfast.

We went to Frankie and Benny's which was much better than the usual caferteria places we usually sit in..I can never normally eat at the this stage but was strangely more relaxed this time and actually enjoyed breakfast..

I had the works bagel, Chris a full breakfast, Jess had weetabix an Brandon with his sweet tooth had french toast covered in syrup..

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
This is Chris' "really..another photo...? " face..you will see this A LOT in this report..

And this is me, with wine breakfast, which is something I only do when starting a holiday honest
[IMG][/IMG]

So we wandered to gate 208, plane bang on time, I sat with Brandon and Chris sat behind me with Jess...he was exhausted by the end of it! Jessica didn't stop, she talked, fidgited, went the toilet a number of times, half of them just cos, she poked and prodded Chris, she started watching a programme for all of 5 mins then changed her mind...

Chris asked me how long was left when I told him 4 hours he was distraught, he said he didn't remember the flight being this long last time, I politely pointed out thats cos i was sat with both kids last time and he had his own seat in the aisle, Karma, don't you just love it!

Brandon was a model child, watched films, read a book, listened to his ipod, chatted just the right amount..!

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I swear this is the one moment she was quiet, so it had to be documented, don't get me wrong, she didn't disturb anyone else, just her Dad, he did that thing a few times, you know when you can' roar at your kids in public when you wnat too so you just 'shout' quietly through gritted teeth with that wait till later look in your eye... unless thats just us..!

This helped though and cue needless extra spend number 2 - Champagne and chocolates, as - it is our honeymoon you know!

[IMG][/IMG]
food was just okay, we both had BBQ chicken, with potato sald and cheesecake. Kids meals were sausage, beans and smiley faces

[IMG][/IMG]

The snack, I thought was vile and didn't have more than a bite was a cheese sandwich with some strong relish stuff, I don't know but I wasn't a fan!

and who knows why I took this, but I did, so it's included!

[IMG][/IMG]

Journey was 9 hours 24 mins, no problems, no turbulence, the staff were lovely, I genuienly couldn't say if I found this journey/plane any better than Thomas Cook, but would I book with them again, yes absolutley if the price was right...

As we landed I saw another First Choice plane on the tarmac with us and I was dreading a long wait in the airport but we were lucky and off first and through quickly.

I was asked more questions this time tho so was nervous, he wanted to know what the relatioship was between us all as we have 2 surnames in the family, I haven't changed my passport into my new married name yet...

All those threads about having permission to take children to USA came back to haunt me at this very moment but all was fine - he just asked if we all live together and when I answered yes, it was fine. I have nothing to worry about anyway, I have parental responsibilty of Brandon and there are no court orders in place re custody but in that moment I did panic, as I have a tendancy to do!

When he did my eye scan he even remarked that I was too serious and had he upset me (he was laughing) so it lightened the mood and we all left smiling, phew!

we exited Sanford and there was Frank from Car on the Drive waiting for us, the commute to the villa was about an hour and Frank was lovely and friendly and chatted to us all, we were not so chatty after a 9 hour flight, and I was sat next to Jess who as usual was on full form and wouldn't be quiet or sit still...

Here we are at the villa, so beautiful and Sunset Lakes, wow! I know there are a fair few dibbers who have booked this villa so here are the pics in the next post due to volume!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014

Edited at 04:10 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

It's so lovely, really felt like home for our holidays and we missed it when we had the odd night in a hotel, we are villa converts now!

Here's Chris with his massive Beer!

[IMG][/IMG]

Just incase you didn't get the size of it, here it is again!
[IMG][/IMG]

Carrie came about 6.30pm with the kids gift baskets she had done for me and all the shopping she had been looking after for me, I'll show you pics of everything I had bought online later! It was so great to finally meet in person after all the chatting we have done via emails, but again I was feeling the effects of the journey so wasn't as chatty as I usually am which was a shame

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Carrie left us and we finished unpacking then realised we had packed the wrong adaptors so couldn't charge anything ...doooohhhhh!
The laptop was dying and we had no food for tea, we couldn't go out as Chris had had a drink so I quickly ordered some pizza from dominos moments before our laptop died, and that was our tea, cheese pizza as I didn't have time to pick anything else!
[IMG][/IMG]

Then it was pool time of course! It had to be done, and we had pool heat, it was something i wasn't going to have but all I can say is thank god we did! for times like this when its dark, it was glorious, like getting in a hot bath!
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

We all fell into bed at 9pm, (2am UK time) to prepare for Animal Kingdom tomorrow!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 01:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Glad you arrived ok with no real problems and thank you for all the villa pictures, it looks lovely and I can't wait to be there
I love the picture of Jessica with her gift basket, so cute. Can't wait to see everything else you had delivered to Carrie
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Cinnabon
Imagineer

Great travel day. Love your photos, I always forget to take them until the rooms are messy.
Old 1 Nov 11, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Great travel day! Lol I know what you mean about the saying things through gritted teeth to the kids!
Villa looks gorgeous and the kids baskets look really nice!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
susie
Imagineer

susie's Reviews
thanks for posting the photos, really glad we booked this villa now it looks lovely, cant wait susie

susie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
I recognise that villa! It belongs to Susan Coleman a fellow dibber - we stayed there in 2010. I loved the villa and sunset lakes generally.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Villa looks lovely. The gift bags were a hit with the kids then?!
Old 1 Nov 11, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princess boo
Very Serious Dibber

Loved the photos of the villa it looked amazing.
princess boo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 11, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Great start. The villa looks lovely.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List