Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 24 Jan 17, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lpop
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile Cabana bay, universal entry and attraction assist

Hello, I've got a few questions. Not sure if this is the best place or I should add this thread to a different forum perhaps?

Anyway, we're looking at going to Orlando November 2018, 10 days Disney and 4 universal.

My wife has ms so staying in resort looks the best option as she'll need to sleep each afternoon.

Looking at the universal resorts, the cabana bay looks by far the cheapest and is rated higher on tripadvisor than sapphire falls.

My main question is whether universal park tickets are included in the accommodation price? There is info that early entry to Harry Potter is included for all universal resorts and some have the express pass but do you need to buy tickets in addition to this?

Also, my wife would qualify for
lpop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DOFFSTER
Getting Excited

DOFFSTER's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by lpop View Post
Hello, I've got a few questions. Not sure if this is the best place or I should add this thread to a different forum perhaps?

Anyway, we're looking at going to Orlando November 2018, 10 days Disney and 4 universal.

My wife has ms so staying in resort looks the best option as she'll need to sleep each afternoon.

Looking at the universal resorts, the cabana bay looks by far the cheapest and is rated higher on tripadvisor than sapphire falls.

My main question is whether universal park tickets are included in the accommodation price? There is info that early entry to Harry Potter is included for all universal resorts and some have the express pass but do you need to buy tickets in addition to this?

Also, my wife would qualify for
Entry to Universal is extra to all the Hotel prices. Different Hotels have different benefits (as below) but none include the entry ticket to Universal.

universalorlando/Hot...-Benefits.aspx
Old 24 Jan 17, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Andi
VIP Dibber

Yes you still need to purchase Universal tickets no matter which of their hotels you stay at.

We have stayed at Cabana Bay before and really enjoyed it, in fact we are booked for 2 nights again in November.

There is early entry to Harry Potter at each of their hotels but the express passes are not given at Cabana Bay or Sapphire Falls.

DVC - Animal Kingdom Lodge

International Drive 2002, All Star Movies 2005, Renaissance at Seaworld 2008, Rosen Plaza & POFQ 2010, Saratoga Springs Resort 2012, Hotel New York DLP 2013, Rosen Plaza and Old Key West 2014, AKL, BLT & SSR July 2015, Crowne Plaza NYC, AKL, Cabana Bay, AKL Nov 2017, Crowne Plaza NYC April 2018, Rosen Plaza, AKL and GFV August 2018, Australia Nov 2018, RCI Cruise August 2019, Rosen Plaza, Pop Century August 2022
Andi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

You need to buy tickets separately no matter which hotel you stay in.

Hard Rock, Royal Pacific and Portifino Bay include express passes for free (but you still have to buy standard Universal tickets first)
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
lpop
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Thanks all, that's a lot clearer in that we will need tickets.

I realised I cut the end of my last post! My wife would qualify for the attraction assistance pass. Is this the same or better for accessing the rides than having express passes? Would we need the express passes?

Also, does anyone have any feedback on the cabana bay in comparison to the other universal resorts?

My thinking is if we can save money on universal accommodation costs we may be able to look at a deluxe Disney hotel.
lpop is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lpop View Post
Thanks all, that's a lot clearer in that we will need tickets.

I realised I cut the end of my last post! My wife would qualify for the attraction assistance pass. Is this the same or better for accessing the rides than having express passes? Would we need the express passes?

Also, does anyone have any feedback on the cabana bay in comparison to the other universal resorts?

My thinking is if we can save money on universal accommodation costs we may be able to look at a deluxe Disney hotel.
I don't know much about AAP but this thread mentions it being handy for the Harry Potter rides that aren't included in the express pass.

To be honest with 4 days at Universal you'll probably get most things done anyway.

I haven't stayed at Cabana Bay but seen it in a few vlogs and may stay next year. Looks like a lovely hotel.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List