Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 29 Dec 17, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Los Angeles - Hotel to stay in

Hi
I am looking to book Los Angeles for next year (6 full days) and determing the hotel to stay in. I am using loyalty points so the options I have is:

Hotel Indigo - 899 Francisco St
Holiday Inn Express - 611 South Westlake Avenue
Holiday Inn Express - 1921 N. Highland Avenue
Holiday Inn Burbank - 150 East Angeleno

I don't drive so will be using Uber and such like (yes I know there is traffic and a large area). Would be looking at the standard tourist places like Walk of Fame, the Sign, the Zoo, the various film studios, and Universal. Disney would be later and at a different hotel

Which do you suggest would be best maybe in the middle of each place? Although am willing to split hotels if neccessary
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 17, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
I can’t speak for those particular hotels, but I really liked the Burbank area when we visited this year. It’s ideally placed for visiting the Warner Brothers tour and Universal, and we liked the area for restaurants to eat in the evenings too.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Mobile

Definitely Holiday Inn Express - 1921 N. Highland Avenue

Passed it walking to the Hollywood Bowl. It’s walking distance to Hollywood and the Metro where you can get Downtown/Santa Monica/shuttle to the observatory etc. It’s also right between Hollywood and Burbank so a cheap an easy trip to Studios and some good eats on Riverside Dr (Bobs Big Boy -yum)

We really fell in love with LA when we went in August, I know a lot of people don’t like it at all and I would certainly agree that Hollywood itself is tacky and rundown. But we both loved every second and branched our from the main tourists spots which you’ll be able to do too with 6 days. Enjoy!
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I would much rather stay in Burbank than Hollywood . You couldn’t pay me to stay in Hollywood itself . It’s tacky rundown and makes Blackpool look clean .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

For non drivers then definitely the Holiday Inn N Highland. Plenty to walk to from there including a metro station. Even though I drive, we have evenings out using uber and Universal is only $6 from N Highland, Beverly Hills $12, The Grove / Farmers Market $8 for example.
rusty30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
red cuillen
Excited about Disney

we stayed in the E Angeleno one last year. Some noise from the freeway, but not too intrusive. Daughter left a small plush toy in the bedsheets which got washed, but they found it and we got it back the next day, big relief! Excellent location for walking to restaurants, (Gordon Birsh brewhouse just over the road, left my car keys there and got them back too!).
red cuillen is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 17, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post

We are staying in Hollywood for 2 nights total dump but great for us getting back from concert ,will just make the best of it and use it as base for sight seeing
Old 1 Jan 18, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks all for your advice