Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
We then have the issue of people who haven't had it so won't have antibodies.
Right, and that would be the vast majority of people
Even people who have antibodies might not be immune.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

This is what I've been thinking about my temp is normally 38c give or take 2 degrees, without the stress of running through an airport. Can't even imagine not being able to board the plane because my temp. Considering some people have covid with no symptoms this doesn't seem to be a good (fool proof) system?
Old 17 May 20, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Please don't consider using calpol without actual need - especially if it means having to repeat use of it every day to get through the park gates or into restaurants - don't know yet how far things will go ... I know it was tongue in cheek, but a holiday is not worth it.

Parents have been warned that giving children paracetamol-based medicines such as Calpol and Disprol too often could lead to serious health issues later in life.

Leading paediatrician and professor of general paediatrics at University College London, Alastair Sutcliffe, said parents were overusing paracetamol to treat mild fevers. As a result, the risk of developing asthma, as well as kidney, heart and liver damage is heightened

The Royal Pharmaceutical Society (RPS), which backs Mr Sutcliffe, said parents needed to be better educated about when to give children paracetamol-based medicines. The Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (RCPCH) also supports his statement.

(Sunday times Sunday November 29 2015)
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
offtoseemickey
Imagineer

offtoseemickey's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Originally Posted by Holly's-mummy View Post
I wonder if they'll introduce testing for those with high temperatures, then if negative they can go about their holiday as "normal"
The issue with this though is just because you don’t have the virus on Monday morning when you’re tested... doesn’t mean you won’t have caught the virus on Monday afternoon while in the park.

I just can’t see how testing can help unless it’s done daily with instant results.

Sticking to a budget Oct ‘18 Universal & off-site dining report
offtoseemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by offtoseemickey View Post
The issue with this though is just because you don’t have the virus on Monday morning when you’re tested... doesn’t mean you won’t have caught the virus on Monday afternoon while in the park.

I just can’t see how testing can help unless it’s done daily with instant results.
I agree. Perhaps they wouldn’t require it if you’re park hopping but certainly every new day entering WDW. I guess?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m seriously worried I won’t be allowed in as every time I take my temperature it’s always just over 38. I took it for the first time, to test our thermometer, at the beginning of the outbreak (ended up having to be in isolation for a week because of it, even though I didn’t have any symptoms aside from the temperature!) and it’s been high ever since.

One day it dropped to 37.4 and I said to my son, I bet if I take it again it will be back over 38, and sure enough, literally a minute after getting the normal reading, it had gone back up to 38.2!

I’m sure my body just gets hot thinking about having my temperature taken! A bit like those people whose blood pressure rises at the doctors every time they need it testing. So I’m really concerned I won’t be allowed into the theme parks, or even into America at this rate! 😢
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 20, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

ds is another one who runs hot - he often feels like he's burning up to the touch and has a temp around the 38 degree mark but is perfectly healthy otherwise the gp said some people do just have a higher base temp- not sure how you can prove that its normal for you though?

Weirdly I find when I'm ill my temp often drops -I can be burning up but my temp will be around 35
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Lipz
Earning More Ears

Also the face masks make you extra hot, I took my temperature today, after being to the shop, I was so hot when I got home that I took my temperature and it was just over 38. After about half an hour it was back down.

Edited at 12:58 AM.
Lipz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

I’m going through the menopause so my temp is all over the place. Just done it just now and it was 39!
I wonder if the doctors would be able to give a “fit to travel letter” for people who run hot.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by willow View Post
I’m going through the menopause so my temp is all over the place. Just done it just now and it was 39!
I wonder if the doctors would be able to give a “fit to travel letter” for people who run hot.
wouldn't have thought so - you won't know if you are just running hot - as normal, or if you do actually have covid.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List