Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 May 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

[QUOTE=KarenG;14497116
My gut feeling is that international guests are right at the bottom - right now - of their worry list. Sure we spend more money per head when we are there but not compared to the 90% (?) of US visitors in totality.[/QUOTE]

Totally agree with Karen 👍

Whether we like it or not, I don’t remotely think, as international visitors, we are remotely being considered by Disney at this point.

Not only do we represent a small minority of the visitors, but we aren’t currently even allowed in the country!

As for spending per head - I expect per head we do spend more as we are there longer, but per head per day - I expect the short term US guests spend much more in a condensed period - after all, as an example, how many of us parents have said to our children , ‘let’s look around, we have plenty of time and you don’t need to buy everything on the first day, you’re bound to see something you’d like even more on another day’?! 😂
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
KRBarnard
Very Serious Dibber

KRBarnard's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by GoofyK View Post
But Disney says u can still book dinning. Just not 180days out but 60 days instead. So ppl can still book dinning without dinning plans. The difference is that we now have to pay for your food instead of free as part of the package.
All dining plans have been cancelled, not just the free ones.
Gateway Inn '97 Radisson Barcelo '99 Quality Inn Plaza '01 Quality Inn Int'l '03 La Quinta Inns&Suites '05 B.W. Movieland '07 Holiday Inn '08 & '09 Indian Creek '10 & '11 Vista Cay '12 Rosen Inn @ Pointe and Miami '13 Vista Cay '13,'14,'15,'16 CBR '16 Tampa, POR & SSR '17 OKW + Vista Cay '18 Windsor Hills '19 Vista Cay'22
KRBarnard is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

But Disney says u can still book dinning. Just not 180days out but 60 days instead. So ppl can still book dinning without dinning plans. The difference is that we now have to pay for your food instead of free as part of the package.
Which is why I said it's partly to get money off guests. They have lost millions and they will do what they can to get it.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
Which is why I said it's partly to get money off guests. They have lost millions and they will do what they can to get it.
I do agree is the money thing. I totally understand they need to make their money back from somewhere. At the end of the day. It’s a business they r running n it’s there to make a profit.

May be cancelling dinning plan would discourage ppl to go n cancel their trip which helps them to reduce their capacity?

I just hope Disney would come up with a better picture of what the international guests are expecting. The unknowing is killing me.
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

I do agree is the money thing. I totally understand they need to make their money back from somewhere. At the end of the day. It’s a business they r running n it’s there to make a profit.

May be cancelling dinning plan would discourage ppl to go n cancel their trip which helps them to reduce their capacity?

I just hope Disney would come up with a better picture of what the international guests are expecting. The unknowing is killing me.
Yes, that's the problem, the not knowing. I also want to know about the water parks as if they won't be open I'm definitely cancelling.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
Totally agree with Karen 👍

Whether we like it or not, I don’t remotely think, as international visitors, we are remotely being considered by Disney at this point.

Not only do we represent a small minority of the visitors, but we aren’t currently even allowed in the country!

As for spending per head - I expect per head we do spend more as we are there longer, but per head per day - I expect the short term US guests spend much more in a condensed period - after all, as an example, how many of us parents have said to our children , ‘let’s look around, we have plenty of time and you don’t need to buy everything on the first day, you’re bound to see something you’d like even more on another day’?! 😂
I agree with you about the spending. The US guests seem to go for a shorter but all out stay. I remember eavesdropping a family meltdown of a family of 12. The Gran was having a moment saying it was costing $15000 for them all for a few days. I thought how relatively we spend a lot less.
I was also intrigued by a group of around 20 in Boathouse for dinner. The children were cold so they went and bought hoodies from the gift shop on top of what must be an eye watering bill. They made my concerns over my $60 tip spend look a bit ridiculous- we’ve have sent the kids outside to warm up!
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm sure they appreciate their international guests, but they have a lot on their hands at the moment. Not prioritizing international guests' concerns kind of makes sense in a way because there's really no indication of when you can even come here. Hopefully you'll have more clarity this week?
At this time, I don't feel Disney even cares about dining plans and fast passes, or anything else 'normal'. They say the parks will have "significantly reduced capacity". Unless you're one of the lucky few who can reserve a park on a given day, you can't get in anyway. And that's their intention. They seem to want to let a relatively few people in so they can test the system and see what happens.
Donaldfan, I think you've got a good shot at the water parks opening. Just my opinion.
Also, Disney obviously knows that their parks won't make money again for a while. So I think they're focusing now on their true dollar generators: their media holdings.
Hope you can all come back soon for a good vacation experience. I also hope they comp you for the cancelled dining plans.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by HeresYourEars View Post
I'm sure they appreciate their international guests, but they have a lot on their hands at the moment. Not prioritizing international guests' concerns kind of makes sense in a way because there's really no indication of when you can even come here. Hopefully you'll have more clarity this week?
At this time, I don't feel Disney even cares about dining plans and fast passes, or anything else 'normal'. They say the parks will have "significantly reduced capacity". Unless you're one of the lucky few who can reserve a park on a given day, you can't get in anyway. And that's their intention. They seem to want to let a relatively few people in so they can test the system and see what happens.
Donaldfan, I think you've got a good shot at the water parks opening. Just my opinion.
Also, Disney obviously knows that their parks won't make money again for a while. So I think they're focusing now on their true dollar generators: their media holdings.
Hope you can all come back soon for a good vacation experience. I also hope they comp you for the cancelled dining plans.
Thank you. I'm not due to go till 13th September, 2 months after they re-open, and I know so much can happen in that time.
Old 31 May 20, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Finally bit the bullet to contact BA to cancel my flights n get the refund. Now they say I can’t get the refund due to the fact that the connection I was told it was cancelled is not confirmed cancel.?

I was given the choice to get refund only just few days ago because they can’t see the flight I’m booked anymore. Therefore they give me options to obtain refund instead of voucher. Now they are saying it’s not CONFIRM cancel? This is getting more frustrating day by day!

From I really want to go n made impossible to now I don’t want to go and yet still made impossible!
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 20, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
darsch1982
Imagineer

Mobile

I have bit the bullet and cancelled disney for october, I'm not paying to stay onsite and have no benefit I managed to speak to someone of customer care team and only losse £100 instead of £200 deposit as we only had the hotel and tickets booked.
I have now booked universal with refundable room up to 24h before. We will do a much more relaxed holiday at Universal endless summer resort and its also costing us alot less so more spending
darsch1982 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List