Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 1 Jun 20, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The 35% they are offering the US customers.. Is that room only? 35% off the room would not cover the loss of dining plan. But I can't see it coming off the tickets too...
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
The 35% they are offering the US customers.. Is that room only? 35% off the room would not cover the loss of dining plan. But I can't see it coming off the tickets too...
Room only. Their tickets have optional elements which are paid for on top of a base ticket. Park hopper is one of those optional elements and they're being refunded the park hopper element separately.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebecca_
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by gizmodo View Post
Yes room only. I think it's only worthwhile if there's 1 or 2 in a room.
Rebecca_ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
mostlybobbins
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Rebecca_ View Post
Yes room only. I think it's only worthwhile if there's 1 or 2 in a room.
That depends on how much the price of the room has increased in the meanwhile...
mostlybobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
gizmodo
Excited about Disney

I'm beginning to wonder if we will hear from them today. I figured if I write this message the email will come through as I post it!

I priced up all the hotels. Sapphire falls is more than cabana. But It'd be nice to stay in different hotels to try them.

If I stay in sapphire over RPR then the saving could buy entry to legoland and gatorland.
gizmodo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Wubbster
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

It would make sense for the discount to vary based on how many in the room.
WDW AKL 2019
Wubbster is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
eaglesrest
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wubbster View Post
It would make sense for the discount to vary based on how many in the room.
It would, but will they be offering a discount off the tickets as well as the room, as that was conditional for DDP?

If they do that, then the discount will be proportionate.
eaglesrest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

There’s info on FB group. I’m not sure how reliable it is ...

Please see below for a general update from Disney. Please note this information may vary based on your travel supplier, so please contact them.

Disney Dining Plan cancellation

Compulsory reservation system for Theme Park access - Action required

The Disney Parks in Florida are due to start a phased re-opening from the 11th July which, as well as being great news for guests visiting this year, comes with some significant new changes and processes that we need to share with you today. Walt Disney’s World’s main goal is to keep guest numbers to manageable levels, in order to maintain social distancing. As a result, there are some important changes that may affect your booking.

Disney Dining Plan cancellation

Unfortunately Walt Disney World has taken the difficult decision to cancel all dining plans, including those which were booked on the Free Disney Dining and Drinks offer. There will be a reduction on the room price offered to all customers affected by the removal of this offer. The discount will be applied to your booking within two weeks. You will be able to see the specific monetary discount in your customer account by 15th June at the latest. Our team is working hard out to amend the prices in bookings and we will deal with reservations in departure date order. We will advise you by email once the discount has been applied to your booking. You can then advise if you would still like to go ahead with your reservation.

As well as the free dine change, there are some important updates you must know about when it comes to visiting the parks. Please take some time to read through the information below carefully.

IMPORTANT: Compulsory reservation system for Theme Park access

1) In order to manage guest numbers, Walt Disney World is introducing a new reservation system which all guests MUST complete before being allowed to enter the Parks. Guests with existing tickets are being prioritised, but we highly recommend that you do this as soon as the system goes live so you can secure the availability you would like. When the reservation system opens (likely to be in 2-3 weeks) you will be able to reserve theme park days for the rest of 2020. Important: Without these theme park reservations you will NOT be able to gain access to the Disney Parks, even with your ticket.

2) If you haven’t already, please now link your hotel and Disney tickets reservation to My Disney Experience using the desktop site. This is very important as it means you will receive information directly from Disney about when the reservation system will open and park availability.

3) Make sure that you check the requirements for entering the Parks before you leave as this could change. Current requirements, including the need for a face covering, are outlined below.

Your Options

1) Keep your hotel and ticket reservation and enjoy Walt Disney World in 2020.

2) Cancel your hotel and ticket reservation and receive a full refund within 14 days in line with the Package Travel Regulations. Please get in touch if you would like to do this.

3) Amend your booking to 2021 or 2022 and carry over your deposit. We would be happy to help you arrange this so please do get in touch.
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Emmymouse
Proud to wear my Ears

Hmm, interesting! I think if it is accurate, it's a bit odd that they're just straightaway adding discounts without advising on how much it is?
WDW/Coronado Springs - 24th September 2020 - 1st October 2020.
Emmymouse is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 20, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

That's what I find odd too. I'll probs wait for 2 weeks only to find out they've given me a tenner off my final balance! Not sure I can justify £650 per night for just a room.