Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 May 20, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamingdisney
Excited about Disney

Mobile Tie Dye

Hello,

I really want to tie dye a white sweatshirt - does anyone have any experience doing this? If so, what dye did you use?

Thanks in advance
dreamingdisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by dreamingdisney View Post
Hello,

I really want to tie dye a white sweatshirt - does anyone have any experience doing this? If so, what dye did you use?

Thanks in advance
Oh God blast from my slightly hippy past. We used to use Dylon, not sure if you can still get it tho.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue so did I
But I brought home a tie dye kit from Michaels for the grand kids basically a big plastic bowl rubber bands T-shirts’ dyes and a solution that made the dyes float on the top and not mix and rubber gloves divided it in to 3 and the kids did a zoom tie dye session they had great fun I hasten to add all done out side
I was always so jealous of my older sister who could rock hot pants one minute then an Afghan coat the next the coat smelt like wet dog in the rain though
She had a much more misspent youth than miss goody 2 shoes me but oh how times change

Edited at 10:53 PM.
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Sue so did I
But I brought home a tie dye kit from Michaels for the grand kids basically a big plastic bowl rubber bands T-shirts’ dyes and a solution that made the dyes float on the top and not mix and rubber gloves divided it in to 3 and the kids did a zoom tie dye session they had great fun I hasten to add all done out side
I was always so jealous of my older sister who could rock hot pants one minute then an Afghan coat the next the coat smelt like wet dog in the rain though
She had a much more misspent youth than miss goody 2 shoes me but oh how times change
Oh God the smell of a wet Afghan coat! Blergh! Worn with platform shoes and frayed jeans and Suzi Quatro hair.

Oops sorry OP got carried away there.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Sue a whole new thread we could start
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Gosh so many times!
Old 16 May 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

ds & ds have spent the last 2 days tie dying everything in sight

dd ordered a set off amazon
amazon/Tie-Dye-ove...5350 5&sr=8-6
it wasn't cheap and there are smaller packs but she wanted the extra colours and it was available for next day delivery.
The colours are really vivid but also take well as pastel shades if you water them down.
We did decant the powders from the bottles and then make up a bit at a time as needed.
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List