Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 May 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Back Pain Bulging Disk

Hi has anyone suffered with this
I had to call the doctors today as Ive been in pain since yesterday with my lower back and left leg and sometime losing the feeling in my legs
she got me to go in and ran tests turns out its a bulgin disk
ive been given tramadol paracetamol and ibroprofen
its not touching the pain and the numbness is now in both legs

I was just wondering if anyones got any other things thats could help aparent from hot and cold compress as Im trying that too
Im literally crying it hurts so much
she did mention an mri if the pain and numbness went ot my right leg which it has
but i really am scared of going to the hospital
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

What tests did they run? I wasn’t diagnosed with bulging disc until I had an MRI. I was given some very strong pain killers initially and used heat pads on my back. I had to have traction as well for trapped nerve which was causing leg pain. If it’s that bad, personally I’d be going back
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

I have suffered from sciatica for years so I know how you feel, You need to go back if you are in that much pain, and if you have any loss of feeling in between your legs (saddle area) you need to go ASAP as sometimes urgent treatment is needed xx

Edited at 07:33 PM.
JSP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. Please do not ignore numbness or pins and needles in your legs. That is a real red flag.

I have a bulging disc and know all the warnings.

I would be ringing 111 now. The NHS is quiet and needs to see you.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EllieP
Imagineer

Mobile

Aw I feel your pain, I really do. I suffered with this from 2013-2015. Mine was the L5 disc and as it was pressing on the S1 nerve this was giving me pain down my right leg, though into my foot and numbness that sometimes travelled right down through into my foot, depending on how bad a day I was having. I was on tramadol and naproxen and that was the only combination that worked for me. I found a short walk and standing better, as sitting just made it worse, especially for long periods. Driving was very difficult and I was off work for 3 months because of this. I tried physio but just seemed to aggregate mine, however I know it works for some. In the end I had to have the operation as I just couldn’t bear it any longer and there was no let up. Sorry to be so negative but just my experience. Usual soak in bath helped and trying to do short tasks when I was up and about. Hope you get some relief soon, if you don’t find your meds are working go back to drs as they will find a combination that suits you. Take care, Elaine
EllieP is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tspill
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mushumadness View Post
Hi has anyone suffered with this
I had to call the doctors today as Ive been in pain since yesterday with my lower back and left leg and sometime losing the feeling in my legs
she got me to go in and ran tests turns out its a bulgin disk
ive been given tramadol paracetamol and ibroprofen
its not touching the pain and the numbness is now in both legs

I was just wondering if anyones got any other things thats could help aparent from hot and cold compress as Im trying that too
Im literally crying it hurts so much
she did mention an mri if the pain and numbness went ot my right leg which it has
but i really am scared of going to the hospital
Yes, I have had this. Painkillers are no use.
You really need a physio to manipulate it plus exercises.
tspill is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JSP
Imagineer

Why are you scared of the hospital? If it’s because of covid, they have strict areas, so no one with covid, or suspected covid will be in the “clean” area xx
Old 22 May 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
Why are you scared of the hospital? If it’s because of covid, they have strict areas, so no one with covid, or suspected covid will be in the “clean” area xx
scared to go alone when i keep getting stuck and not being able to move
ill sit and not be able to get up or suddenly when im standing be frozen till the pain passes
mushumadness is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 20, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Originally Posted by COL41 View Post
What tests did they run? I wasn’t diagnosed with bulging disc until I had an MRI. I was given some very strong pain killers initially and used heat pads on my back. I had to have traction as well for trapped nerve which was causing leg pain. If it’s that bad, personally I’d be going back
pressing moving of limbs etc and a bum test!
Old 22 May 20, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando10
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi
I also had a bulging disc with numbness in my leg, I couldn't take strong painkillers as I newly pregnant so could only have paracetamol, but I was referred to physio and started a short time after which was the only thing that helped. I also went to a chiropractor and fainted with pain when he tried to get me to stand up straight.
I used a icepack during the day and found standing was better than sitting, physio gave me crutches to use as well. Sleeping was a nightmare and found sleeping downstairs on the sofa was better with a pillow between my knees.
It lasted about 6-7 weeks gradually easing each week as I was seeing the physio every week and doing the exercises daily.
Hope you get some relief soon I know how debilitating it can be x
DLP 2016, 2018
orlando10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List