Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 May 20, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile Hay fever

Is anyone else hay fever gone off the scale this year ?

Never before has mine be as bad - my trigger is London Planes trees and maybe the unusual spell of long hot weather with no rain for weeks (in London) and the wind recently but I am coughing and spluttering

Made even worse that I don’t want to go out shopping as I have a cough with it rather than sneeze and it scares all the covid worriers (even wearing a mask as it would get sodden quick ! Not nice for me or anyone )
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Willeve
Imagineer

Mobile

My son always gets early hayfever(end March/beginning April), takes anti histamine for a couple of weeks, and his mild symptoms are gone. This year he was in a dreadful state- couldn’t breathe during the night, anti histamines not touching him,etc. I think because the weather was so fabulous around Easter the pollen count must have been really high, he’s 20 and never suffered as much as this year.
Willeve is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Yep it’s super nuts this year for my family tree and grass pollens and privet are extremely high right now. Benadryl with Acrivastin Beconase nasal spray and eye drops are essential three times a day just to get on with stuff right now. We even have a Dyson Air Purifier in the bedroom running to eradicate the pollen which would work better if DH didn’t keep opening the bedroom window...

Edited at 01:14 PM.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Willeve View Post
My son always gets early hayfever(end March/beginning April), takes anti histamine for a couple of weeks, and his mild symptoms are gone. This year he was in a dreadful state- couldn’t breathe during the night, anti histamines not touching him,etc. I think because the weather was so fabulous around Easter the pollen count must have been really high, he’s 20 and never suffered as much as this year.
I am glad it’s just not me - I take Avamys nasal spray in the morning and been popping a pill at night - hoping as it’s extreme this year it will be a short season ... !?
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
JohnD
VIP Dibber

Got to agree with you. I'm waking up during the night as my nose is so blocked. Together with Covid-19, it seems like 2020 is doing it's best to get on every last nerve

It is hard to light a candle, easy to curse the dark instead.
JohnD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I am glad it’s just not me - I take Avamys nasal spray in the morning and been popping a pill at night - hoping as it’s extreme this year it will be a short season ... !?
I'm another who used to take avamys spray. Really worked well. Unfortunately my Dr stopped prescribing it to me due to my blood pressure tablets even though I've been taking both for 7-8 years on prescription and no I'll effects..
Edit, I've had a read about avamys and now realised it's not blood pressure medication that's the problem . My optician noticed last year very early signs of cataract in one eye. Avamys can in rare cases cause this. So stopped my prescription just in case it makes it worse.

Edited at 09:21 AM.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Trusty ian View Post
I'm another who used to take avamys spray. Really worked well. Unfortunately my Dr stopped prescribing it to me due to my blood pressure tablets even though I've been taking both for 7-8 years on prescription and no I'll effects.
That’s a shame - it works incredibly well (usually) for me and I am on a variety of other meds but not for BP
Old 23 May 20, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I don't really suffer normally but this year ... Unfortunately one of my symptoms is a cough which was embarrassing in Tesco!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 20, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
I don't really suffer normally but this year ... Unfortunately one of my symptoms is a cough which was embarrassing in Tesco!
Yes it’s my cough that makes me anxious and the looks I get when I say it’s only hay fever 🥵
Old 23 May 20, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Yeah, that's the same with me , annoying cough esp in the mornings. Not well received this year. I have to point out the sneezing and cough and feeling hot is hayfever. Same each year about now.
Wearing a mask at work is near impossible .
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List