Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Not read all the replies, but I have them quite regularly and never had a GA. I have mostly been sedated and once I chose not to be sedated as I need to drive home. The most biopsies I have had is 37 in one go, they tend to do between 5-10 now.

I have never been told all the stuff your hubby has been told, so don't cancel anything yet and see how it goes on the day.
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sally42 View Post
Good luck to to your Dh.
We've just cancelled out holiday in August as I've been diagnosed with bowel cancer. I had my surgery last week but feeling pretty grotty and at least I dont have the pressure of having to be fit for the holiday. X
Thank you sally for your reply, I wish you a speedy recovery and all the best for your future. No you don’t need the added pressure. X
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
Not read all the replies, but I have them quite regularly and never had a GA. I have mostly been sedated and once I chose not to be sedated as I need to drive home. The most biopsies I have had is 37 in one go, they tend to do between 5-10 now.

I have never been told all the stuff your hubby has been told, so don't cancel anything yet and see how it goes on the day.
Thank you jakey, I have just told him it’s not anaesthetic he is having it’s sedation. 37 is a lot!
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gemma-lou View Post
Thank you jakey, I have just told him it’s not anaesthetic he is having it’s sedation. 37 is a lot!
It is but they needed to check my entire small/large bowel to see which areas where effected(It was when I was diagnosed with crohn's)

Just to add you don't feel a think when they take the biopsies.

Everyone is different I wont have it again without sedation as my insides are all over the place after 4 babies and it was very painful the time I didn't have it. The times with sedation for me where much better.
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I had a colonoscopy with biopsies taken in October under sedation. I felt absolutely fine a couple of hours after the procedure but the next day, I was mega sleepy. I would wait and see what the outcome is. They seemed to know there and then if there’s anything going on. At least they did with me.
Hope everything turns out ok.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jakey Neverland View Post
It is but they needed to check my entire small/large bowel to see which areas where effected(It was when I was diagnosed with crohn's)

Just to add you don't feel a think when they take the biopsies.

Everyone is different I wont have it again without sedation as my insides are all over the place after 4 babies and it was very painful the time I didn't have it. The times with sedation for me where much better.
If I ever have it again, I’ll definitely ask for more sedation. At the time, I didn’t even feel sedated. It was the next day it hit me.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 19, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bubble123
Imagineer

Has he had it done?

I had mine yesterday. It was scheduled for in a few weeks time, but they rang last week & said it had been cancelled & could I come this weekend. So I opted for yesterday..

I had it done without sedation & it really wasn't that bad. They removed polyps & took biopsies but seemed to think all looked ok. Have to go back and have another in 5 years!

Glad I had it without sedation as I was able to come straight home. A few bits were like ouch, but generally while an odd feeling, it was manageable.

I was talking to the other patients too, the nurses thought I was great, said I should become a rep for them for colonoscopies. I did laugh.

I hope his went ok, and you're managing to get your holiday.