Notices

Old 19 Aug 17, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Ontario and Quebec 2017: Day 25 - Last Day at The Lake

We awoke to the sound of rain! Oh well - it went with our mood of it being our last day

Breakfast was had, then I did three lots of washing and drying which, once dried I put into packing cubes!

There were some discussions about all the rings! A bit of a difference of opinion (not helped by the fact there was no coffee in the house )

We went into Maniwaki to look at the sports shop which was better than anticipated. They had bags but it was decided (... ) that we would try Dollarama for the laundry type bags that you see sometimes as luggage. They had something(C$2) which J thought might work (and now at 9pm he has decided will not - argggg! )

We had our last stop at the ice cream shop where I tried their iced cappuccino - ok but not great! Too artificial!

The weather was picking up after lunch (a veggie tart and new potatoes) so we decided to do a last trip to the island.

J found a toad in O's canoe - again

On the way over, we decided they would drop me off at a hiking trail.

This was a brave move in that my reputation for both steadiness and directional planning is well documented!

I said goodbye to my transporters and off I went with a bit of intrepidation into the forest!

I stayed on the path and tried to keep note of my surroundings!

It was very picturesque and very quiet - as it us only accessible by boat you don't get a lot of traffic!

One advantage though of being on my own was that I could take lots of photos

Again, there were lots of different fungi. I couldn't work out what the stuff was on the tree trunk - a type of fungi or something else!

Once I got back to the lake after managing not to get completely lost, I called over to my transporters to come and get me!

F paddled over - she tried fishing over where I was as she had only caught six fish so far. However, the thunder started to rumble so J called us back and we headed home!

Not long after getting back - though long enough to get everything inside - it bucketed down.

There was thunder and lightening and it really did rain!

I managed to check us in - the seat plan was still pretty empty so I managed to get us the exit row and F (with her agreement) across the aisle.

I did a last load of washing - all the swim stuff and what we had been wearing today so that we were pretty much all clean!

Dinner of veggie burgers and chips was made and scoffed and the packing was almost completed!

There is still the question of the rings ...

Surprisingly, the rain stopped and much to my delight there was a sunset!

Now we are about all ready! Dishwasher is running, the bins just need to be run up to the bin box and in the morning the beds need to be stripped ! Hopefully we will be off by 8am heading to Montreal!

The last update will be on Sunday!

Edited at 02:40 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 02:34 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 19 Aug 17 2:34 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Shame about the rain but looks like you made the best of it , well done not getting lost in the woods !
The rings, they are looking a bit weighty ...
Safe travels xx
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Such a pity you had rain on your last day but you did manage a nice walk/hike
Glad you got checked in ok

Joan
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
LuvPluto
Proud to wear my Ears

A great last day. Well done on not getting lost on your little expedition hope you found a way to get the rings back. Have a safe journey home
LuvPluto is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Love the last sunset photos. Pleased you got checked in. Hope you have a safe journey home and all the rings manage to get back too!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good last day despite the rain. And a fabulous sunset to end your holiday. Safe journey home.
Old 21 Aug 17, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Shame about the rain but looks like you made the best of it , well done not getting lost in the woods !
The rings, they are looking a bit weighty ...
Safe travels xx
The rings were more bulky than anything else!

I was happy not not get lost - it can be a bit disconcerting in a forest as it can all look the same
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Such a pity you had rain on your last day but you did manage a nice walk/hike
Glad you got checked in ok

Joan
I think summer has not been so great in Quebec! Having said that back home it is too hot (the downside to living in the south of France )

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
A great last day. Well done on not getting lost on your little expedition hope you found a way to get the rings back. Have a safe journey home
The rings are all safely home As are we!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Love the last sunset photos. Pleased you got checked in. Hope you have a safe journey home and all the rings manage to get back too!
I am always relieved to get checked in! Good seats as well!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A good last day despite the rain. And a fabulous sunset to end your holiday. Safe journey home.
I was surprised to have a final sunset! I love the leaf one!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 17, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
You did well with your solo hike - I'd have ended up lost as I don't have a very good sense of direction.

It was nice that you could get all your washing done before going home - it makes unpacking your cases at home less depressing!

I'm intrigued how you got the rings home.
jocat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Sep 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
You did well with your solo hike - I'd have ended up lost as I don't have a very good sense of direction.

It was nice that you could get all your washing done before going home - it makes unpacking your cases at home less depressing!

I'm intrigued how you got the rings home.
I am still surprised that J agreed to me going alone. In a city I am actually very good (when I go solo I have no choice ) but in a forest ...

All is revealed re the rings

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg