Notices

Old 10 Aug 16, 01:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 11 - Kamouraska And The River

Usual earlyish wake up! No long lie ins here!

After breakfast, we drove to one of the local towns - Kamouraska - about 10km away.

The area is very agricultural - crops of corn and cows! It is very flat and not so many trees compared to where we were last week.

After a visit to a very nice boulangerie (F's choice of a nutty pain au chocolate was the star turn), we did a circuit walk along the river. They had lots of interesting signs about the local wildlife, the river, the tides and the town in general. They have done a great job at making the town a stopping point. Their tourist office was staff by two young men who were very helpful and knowledgable about the whole region.

The local churches all seem to have silver roofs and spires but I am not sure why.

We stopped at a local cafe for a coffee. DS was happy to find it has wifi

After a lunch back at the house we ventured out onto the beach.

DD went fishing in the rock pools - lots of tiny crevettes (is that an English word - sometimes I don't know. Tiny prawn like creatures! )

DS and I walked to the end of the beach. There are lots of fallen trees and branches. It shows how powerful the river must be at times.

You can see some of the fallen trees here - they were stripped of bark. There were whole trees as well as branches.

We headed out to La Pocatiere to get a sieve (aka a low cost fishing net) and some sharpies pens.

On the way back we came across this bird. Not sure what it is though - some sort of fowl?

DH also picked up some pulleys to make a system to get the canoe easily down the steps. Once an engineer ...

We also met the owner who bought a new coffee machine over. We chatted with him for a while.

After dinner and the obligatory trip to the ice cream parlour we went for a final walk of the evening - another lovely sunset.

Edited at 02:09 AM.
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 10 Aug 16 2:07 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 02:18 AM  
Link to this Post
lottiesmum0
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Great trip report!
Old 10 Aug 16, 05:01 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another brilliant day

Joan
Old 10 Aug 16, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

It all looks so peaceful and lovely. The sunsets are just beautiful.
Old 10 Aug 16, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Looks lovely x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 16, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Peaceful and beautiful. Lovely sunset.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 01:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lottiesmum0 View Post
Great trip report!
Thank you

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another brilliant day

Joan
It was!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
It all looks so peaceful and lovely. The sunsets are just beautiful.
I loved all the sunsets!

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Looks lovely x
It was

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Peaceful and beautiful. Lovely sunset.
Thank you!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

Just looking at all your photos is making me relax. It must have been fantastic to have been there and with plenty of time to explore. Great family time, too.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Just looking at all your photos is making me relax. It must have been fantastic to have been there and with plenty of time to explore. Great family time, too.
We really did relax. Normally we are all up and out by 7.30am - and from next week it will be even early for O and one of either DH or I as he starts lycee which is a 40min drive (on our way to work thankfully! ). It was so nice to have mo timetable!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg