Notices

Old 12 Aug 16, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Quebec 2016 - On y va LIVE - Day 13 - Lac De L'Est

The usual morning routine! Breakfast was banana bran muffins we were given yesterday by the owner's wife.

After breakfast we decided to do the circuit walk again - this time with the kids.

The tide was slowly coming in. Lots of rock pools to explore.

Our only wildlife today - a frog. No coyotes as yet though we all keep our eyes peeled on the drive out.

DH and DS bought the canoe down to the beach.

DD fished - just the usual tiny crevettes.

DD and DH went out in the canoe. They really enjoyed it - obviously had to paddle hard one way as they were against the tide.

After lunch we decided to go to le lac de l'Est. It is a lac that straddles both Canada and the USA. Not sure how they manage the border!

15km from it we hit the gravel road. Made the car even dirtier- so much do that DH washed it when we got back.

The kids loved this whizzy round thingy - even if it did kill their hands. Not sure the H&S brigade would like it though

It was a beach on a campsite - 40km from civilisation. We paid C$16 to go in - a bargain.

The kids loved climbing on this blow up contraction - said it was hard work though. The water was quite warm - well warmer than the St Lawrence river!

We weren't sure where Canada ended and the USA began!

It was a long straight road home - 15km of gravel road and 30km of normal road! We all agreed it had been a fabulous afternoon.

I mentioned yesterday about the grain stores resembling skyscrapers - this was the best photo I could manage in a moving car!

After dinner and the usual trip out to the ice cream parlour, the kids took the fish down to the river to be released.

And the nightly sunset!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Melbatb - 12 Aug 16 1:33 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

That lake beach looks lovely - I love when places have stuff that kids can do like that, you tend to find even the oldest ones can't resist!

What a beautiful beautiful place.

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 16, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A fun-filled day, the beach looks lovely.
Old 12 Aug 16, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day

Joan
Old 12 Aug 16, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
JoS
Imagineer

Great day. So pleased you are all enjoying it. Thanks for sharing.
JoS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 16, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
That lake beach looks lovely - I love when places have stuff that kids can do like that, you tend to find even the oldest ones can't resist!

What a beautiful beautiful place.
Both kids loved this place! It was such an easy place to be!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A fun-filled day, the beach looks lovely.
The beach was a real find!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day

Joan
It was!

Originally Posted by JoS View Post
Great day. So pleased you are all enjoying it. Thanks for sharing.
We are having a great time

Thanks everyone for reading!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 16, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
Imagineer

We'd have used that kind of swingy round thing very happily as kids and no one would have thought we were unsafe! It's nice to see things like that still exist in quiet corners.

Another fun and relaxing day in lovely surroundings. Your whole holiday seems like the very definition of quality time.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Aug 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
We'd have used that kind of swingy round thing very happily as kids and no one would have thought we were unsafe! It's nice to see things like that still exist in quiet corners.

Another fun and relaxing day in lovely surroundings. Your whole holiday seems like the very definition of quality time.

I know - things that we took as normal in a playground are now considered a health hazard

We learnt last year that the time we enjoyed the most was when we had to find our own entertainment. So I built on that. Having said that the next holiday is 10 nights in NYC - at Christmas I don't think relaxing will come into it

Index of my trip reports
Old 30 Mar 17, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks lovely!
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List