Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 20 Mar 19, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
2020holibubbles
Excited about Disney

That was just economy ‘light’ so no hold bags. £2400 inc. bags, but not seats together. Interestingly the premium fare on the inbound leg on the 4th is only £339 each... glitch!?
2020holibubbles is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
nickynoodles
Trying for More Ears

Hi, I have just found them for £2199 with bags but haven't got the cash to pay yet as we have got to pay the balance of this years summer holiday soon, for direct we would have paid the extra, will have to look later in the year when we have done some saving !
nickynoodles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by nickynoodles View Post
Hi,
I know flights have been done to death! But looking to book a trip next August and children's school very helpfully won't return until 7th September. We were thinking of trying to book a return for 4th/5th September; can anyone hazard a guess as to whether we could get flights for under £2.000 with that return date? Direct? Or are we in cloud cuckoo land? Any thoughts welcomed.
From Manchester if it makes a difference.
Thanks
In 2018 I managed to get indirect flights from dublin to MCO for £1800 we had to fly to dublin night before but this was included in price above and we got direct flights back to LGW. ps dates for this was 26th july to 10th august. 2016 we paid something stupid like £3200 for direct never again lol.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

We have booked for this year
Man- Mco 19/8/19
Mco - man 4/9/19 ( landing 5/9)
So over the fortnight but under 3 weeks (( ... We usually go for 3 weeks but as dd is now working she doesn't really have enough leave ... total cost for 4 adults for 4 cases and seats booked both ways is £2799.42. These were booked end Jan beg Feb 2019 I think as I've got to pay for them shortly on my credit card ://
As others have said keep looking and as soon as you are happy with the price I would book... I was looking all though December right around Christmas found what i thought was a brill deal but dh wasn't so keen ...

Good luck and enjoy your holiday this year too

Xx Ff Xx
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
stepmead
Imagineer

Look around September to book flights.

Last year we went from Manchester via Heathrow to Miami and paid £2,100 for two adults, three children and a 7 seater car for 3 weeks. This was booked with British Airways.

This time we are flying with Virgin from Heathrow to Miami and have paid £369 an adult and £249 a child.

Both flights were booked in September the year prior to travel.

Definitely consider flying indirect or into another airport other than Orlando and this will keep the cost down.

Crowne Plaza Universal (Sept '04), DLP (Dec '07), Bahama Bay (Nov '09), Eagle Pointe (Sept '10), Bella Vida (Sept '11), Sunset Crest Villa, Barbados (Aug '12), Beach View Barbados (Oct '13), DLP (Mar '15), Porters Gate Villa, Barbados (Oct '16), Cypress Pointe (May '17), Solterra Resort/Royal Pacific (July '18), Tides Inn Lauderdale, Cabana Bay & Windsor at Westside (July ‘19), Grove Resort (Feb ‘20)
stepmead is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bluegirl5353
Trainee Dibber

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
In 2018 I managed to get indirect flights from dublin to MCO for £1800 we had to fly to dublin night before but this was included in price above and we got direct flights back to LGW. ps dates for this was 26th july to 10th august. 2016 we paid something stupid like £3200 for direct never again lol.
Hi, which site did you book this through please? Thanks Clare
Bluegirl5353 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 05:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kathrynmc
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

Originally Posted by nickynoodles View Post
Hi, I have just found them for £2199 with bags but haven't got the cash to pay yet as we have got to pay the balance of this years summer holiday soon, for direct we would have paid the extra, will have to look later in the year when we have done some saving !
Hi where did you find this flight and what dates is it for
kathrynmc is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nickynoodles
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by kathrynmc View Post
Hi where did you find this flight and what dates is it for
These were with Thomas Cook, 22/8/2020 - 5/9/2020, Manchester - Orlando, this included luggage and meals but not seats. Just checked and they are still that price.
nickynoodles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
nickynoodles
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by FloridaFairy View Post
We have booked for this year
Man- Mco 19/8/19
Mco - man 4/9/19 ( landing 5/9)
So over the fortnight but under 3 weeks (( ... We usually go for 3 weeks but as dd is now working she doesn't really have enough leave ... total cost for 4 adults for 4 cases and seats booked both ways is £2799.42. These were booked end Jan beg Feb 2019 I think as I've got to pay for them shortly on my credit card ://
As others have said keep looking and as soon as you are happy with the price I would book... I was looking all though December right around Christmas found what i thought was a brill deal but dh wasn't so keen ...

Good luck and enjoy your holiday this year too

Xx Ff Xx
Thanks for that, I think the plan is to try and have the cash saved by the beginning of October so if we do see anything we can just get them straight away, without having the stress of looking for ages, have a fabulous time yourself, it's almost 3 weeks
Old 21 Mar 19, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
nickynoodles
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by stepmead View Post
Look around September to book flights.

Last year we went from Manchester via Heathrow to Miami and paid £2,100 for two adults, three children and a 7 seater car for 3 weeks. This was booked with British Airways.

This time we are flying with Virgin from Heathrow to Miami and have paid £369 an adult and £249 a child.

Both flights were booked in September the year prior to travel.

Definitely consider flying indirect or into another airport other than Orlando and this will keep the cost down.

They are excellent prices as well, I have considered Miami but the only thing that has put me off is I am a really nervous passenger in the car and I'm not sure we'd make the journey down without me having a breakdown or a massive row, I am considering hypnotherapy so that's an option if it works !