Notices

Old 28 Dec 17, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
We visited Del Mar in 2016 - beautiful place, lovely beach. Lot of military planes around when we were there.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lovely first day like the idea of breakfast for tea love hash browns

Joan
Old 30 Dec 17, 04:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by LuvPluto View Post
Ah what a great way to spend Christmas Eve. Lovely pics too
It is so nice to have the sunshine! There has been a bit of a heatwave over here!

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
lovely first day - and love that you had breakfast at tea time !
Looks fab out there
I love breakfast at teatime! Then again, I love breakfast

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 17, 04:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by georgemac View Post
We visited Del Mar in 2016 - beautiful place, lovely beach. Lot of military planes around when we were there.
It was lovely - though no military action!

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Lovely first day like the idea of breakfast for tea love hash browns

Joan
We all love hash browns too - such a palaver to make but great to eat!

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

Mobile

I absolutely love Del Mar- what a great place to spend Christmas Eve, on the beach. It's wonderful you were able to meet up with an old friend, too. Lovely pics! I have to admit, I have a fondness for Denny's pancakes lol. Your photo of the pancakes have got me craving them now!

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 18, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Aims View Post
I absolutely love Del Mar- what a great place to spend Christmas Eve, on the beach. It's wonderful you were able to meet up with an old friend, too. Lovely pics! I have to admit, I have a fondness for Denny's pancakes lol. Your photo of the pancakes have got me craving them now!
It was a lovely first day in SoCal! It felt like we had managed to do something constructive with the day rather than it just being another travel day

Index of my trip reports
Old 14 Jan 18, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Beaches look lovely, even in December!
We were so lucky with the weather - and the beaches were so nice! It really did feel as though it could be summer!

Index of my trip reports
Old 14 Jan 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
jocat
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 67
Well it looks like a very different Christmas Eve from the usual festivities, but it certainly looks wonderful. Lovely to catch up with friends too.
jocat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jocat View Post
Well it looks like a very different Christmas Eve from the usual festivities, but it certainly looks wonderful. Lovely to catch up with friends too.
I think the kids found a sunny Christmas a bit strange (though it isn't the first time we have had Christmas in shorts ) but as they haven't had Christmas at home in goodness how many years, they are used to it!

It was lovely to see David - especially for J!

Index of my trip reports