Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Mar 19, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Airtours flights from Cardiff that sometimes went via Belfast on the way out or Prestwick on the way back.
You had to stay on the plane for 2 hours whilst others embarked/dismbarked.

They did redeem themselves when they leased an Air New Zealand 747 one Summer. 1998 I think. £76 each for a flight only on a late deal!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

I remember my first holiday as a child, it wasn't to Florida, it was to Italy, riccione, I remember the swimming pool on the roof and the fiestas they had in the afternoon, the funny pear puree juice in a glass bottle, the continental breakfast... and the thing that confused me the most?... and definatly changed for the better

SMOKING ON THE PLANE!... THANK GOD THATS NOT ALLOWED ANY MORE
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
pav438
Excited about Disney

Can you remember people in booths buying and selling left over disney days ?
pav438 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by pav438 View Post
Can you remember people in booths buying and selling left over disney days ?
Yes, we bought and sold off these guys. One year we sat through an hours time share including breakfast for seaworld tickets

Flying in vía Atlanta
Sizzlers... teriyaki steak...
Paper tickets
No fastpasses in our earlier visits - making the holiday a little more spontaneous. Queuing...

I always remember our first car hire... the beeping if a door was open. The dashboard saying good morning, we hadn’t seen anything like it.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Yes, we bought and sold off these guys. One year we sat through an hours time share including breakfast for seaworld tickets

Flying in vía Atlanta
Sizzlers... teriyaki steak...
Paper tickets
No fastpasses in our earlier visits - making the holiday a little more spontaneous. Queuing...

I always remember our first car hire... the beeping if a door was open. The dashboard saying good morning, we hadn’t seen anything like it.
You were lucky it was just an hour, some timeshares kept people there for many hours (such a waste of valuable holiday time).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
You were lucky it was just an hour, some timeshares kept people there for many hours (such a waste of valuable holiday time).
Well there’s time versus budget. Basically we turned up I think about 8am had breakfast, watched some “ it’ll change your life video”. Chatted to some guy and were in seaworld by 10.. clutching two day passes including Busch gardens. It was in the very early days of time share offerings and wasn’t a very particular hard sell either.

Would I do it now, no...but the savings for us were worth a couple of hours of hassle.
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Who remembers the automatic seat belts on the rental cars that you had to climb into and buckled you up as you got in the car?

They were on a little motor on the door frame. Absolute garbage and broke after about 12 months usage.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Does anyone else remember a restaurant called Nemo's? We used to get a massive breakfast for I think 99cents, really set us up for a day at the park.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EssexSue View Post
Does anyone else remember a restaurant called Nemo's? We used to get a massive breakfast for I think 99cents, really set us up for a day at the park.
Was that in the 1950s?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Went in 2004 with Travel City Direct, I think it was a jumbo. Loads of space in economy and no ife, I liked Race Rock restuarant and getting in and out of malls without spending half a hour looking for a parking space.