Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 19 Mar 19, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Does anybody do Dapper Day at the Parks?

Quite by accident our holiday last year fell when Dapper Day was on at WDW.

As this is the sort of style we dress anyway, we have deliberately booked this year so we can take our fineries with us and do Dapper Day at MK on 27 April and Epcot the following day.

Just wondered if any other Dibbers do this?
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
wellbehaved
Getting Excited

Mobile

We have done it. Loved it. Such a special day. Enjoy it. I loved seeing all the gorgeous outfits.

Pam
wellbehaved is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
BubandPodge
Earning My Ears

Our Disneyland California trip last November coincided with Dapper Day and we just wore a shirt and a dress to the parks. But it was so fun seeing everyone dressed up and everyone was so kind to us and our terrible attempt at being dapper!
BubandPodge is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Oh, I'm sure it wasn't terrible! Great to hear how kind people were though.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I would love to do Dapper day but my trip dates never match! (I also wander around theme parks in nice dresses so it wouldn't be too far from my usual dress, though I draw the line at wearing heels in a theme park...)
Old 20 Mar 19, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
elliecjno1
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

It looks awesome, I follow it on facebook & was tempted last year but decided I'd probably look an idiot lol. We're booking similar dates next year so if they match up again I may give it a go.
April '18 - WDW - POFQ & Emerald Island Villa

MAY '20 - WDW - POFQ & AMI CANCELLED BY COVID
elliecjno1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 19, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

We're far too scruffy to be able to carry it off, but we were there for one at the Magic Kingdom in November 2017 and loved seeing all the fabulous outfits.
Old 20 Mar 19, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree the outfits are fabulous. As I said we dress like this (on a scaled back version) anyway. I'm desperate for hats for woman to become an every day item again but think I'm on my own in this!

Nice to see others enjoy the day even if not taking part.
Old 26 Mar 19, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Beccas Dad
slightly serious Dibber

Just read this thread.
We arrive on 27th, and will be visiting MK that evening.
Will people still be in the park late evening ?
My wife buys 50’s style dresses from a place called tatyana boutique when we are in Vegas, so this would be a great place to wear one.
Beccas Dad is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Mar 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Yes, there will be people there for Dapper day until close basically!

We did the autumn 2017 date and I think sadly that’s it for us for the official weekends because it’s in term time. Thought we might manage Paris this April but the Eurostar isn’t running on sunday so not sure how we’d get home.

We love Dapper Day so now tend to just make our own Dapper Days and pretend instead!

I have managed more Dapper shoes when in the park on my own, but when I have to keep up with the small one, it’s trainers every time. Everyone we met that day was so sweet and kind, and a few older gentlemen gave cards and pins to DS and told him stories about being younger and watching the parks be built - all sorts of stuff. He was loving it.

mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List