Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Aug 15, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
florida smiles
Serious Dibber

Driving instructions to Highlands Reserve

Hello,

Can anyone provide me with some driving directions from MCO to Highlands Reserve?

Thanks so much

Love Victoria
(Florida makes me smile! )
florida smiles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
markwatts
Apprentice Imagineer

A simple straightforward route is...

Exit MCO
Head West on SR528 (Beeline Expressway)
528 eventually joins with I4 and head west to Tampa
Exit I4 at Junction 55 (US27).
Head North on US27 towards Clermont and about 4-5 miles along Highlands Reserve is on the left before you get to Berry Town Center traffic lights.
About 45 minutes.

Mark
markwatts is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Yanto
Getting Excited

Hi,

If you go into google maps click on the directions icon (two arrows like a fork) then put in your starting location Orlando Airport and finishing Highland Reserve. You will get a nice map with the route highlighted and written instructions too.

It not that difficult a route, we are doing it too in September can't wait..!
Yanto is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 15, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

I take it that you have never been there before so this is the easiest route as I see it. It isn't the shortest but you will suss that as you become acquainted with the area.
When you drive out of the garage pick up the middle lane and look up for signs for the south exit, these will take you onto the 417 toll road. Stay on this all the way down to Celebration (as long as you are looking at signs towards Tampa you are ok). At Celebration join I4 (International 4) still following signs towards Tampa. Continue down I4 to junction 55, go up the slip road moving to the left lane. At the traffic lights turn left onto Highway 27. Continue until you see the signpost for Highlands Reserve on the left. There is a Publix at Berrytown a bit further up Hwy27 and a Walmart a few miles further. Have a look at google maps to follow the route. I'm familiar with the roads and DW likes a DTD quick fix as soon as we arrive. We come off 417 at World Centre Drive and pop in for a visit.
Old 6 Aug 15, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Northerndave
Being a bit Goofy

7seas is right. The toll-road is a far easier, quieter drive, far less stressful and is the one I always take to get used to the roads. However both will get you to where you want to go.
Old 6 Aug 15, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I also agree with 7seassailor.

Even though I've driven on all of our 30+ visits and probably 25,000 miles I would always use the 417 especially after a long flight. It may be a toll road but for the sake of a few dollars I wouldn't give it a second thought.

We do use I-4 for trips up to the Mall@Millennia for instance when there isn't a reasonable alternative but otherwise we avoid.

Toll roads often get a negative opinion on here but we use them all the time. The trip from Highgate over to The Loop for instance on the Osceola Parkway costs $1.75 but compare that with the 192 with dozens of traffic lights

Mick
Old 6 Aug 15, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
florida smiles
Serious Dibber

Thank you all so much for your help, the directions you have given me are great

Love Victoria
(Florida makes me smile! )
florida smiles is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 15, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread