Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 13 Feb 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

I think I will call them tomorrow about the best way to get the right tickets. I'm staying on-site from 22nd May to the 26th so obviously would want the water park tickets too.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
AgentOso
Getting Excited

AgentOso's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by CougerUK View Post
Ok good news, just got this from my ticket supplier, straight from Universal

· The Universal Orlando™ 3-Park Explorer Ticket will be programed for validity from 12 May ‘17
o This is 13 days prior to the 25 May ’17 grand opening date for Universal’s Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park
o This means that a guest can activate their 3-Park Explorer Ticket (14 day validity) from 12 May onwards and enjoy unlimited admission to Universal Studios Florida™ and Universal’s Islands of Adventure™. And then Universal’s Volcano Bay from the 25thMay ’17.

· The Universal Orlando™ 2-Park Explorer Ticket that has not been activated (used) can be upgraded to a 3-Park Explorer Ticket at the following locations within Universal Orlando Resort™
o Ticket Windows (Pass Sales) at the front gate of Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure
o Guest Services at the front gate of Universal Studios Florida or Islands of Adventure
o Guest Services located within Universal Studios Florida and Islands of Adventure
o Any guest service location at a Universal Orlando on-site hotel

IMPORTANT NOTE: If a 2-Park Explorer Ticket has been activated (used) then the upgrade to a 3-Park Explorer Ticket can only take place at a guest service location and not at any of the ticket windows (pass sales).
I'm still waiting to hear from our ticket provider. Can i ask who this is from please ? Also, do you you know if the upgrade from 2 to 3 park tickets is free? I know they are currently on sale here for the same price, but would be good to get it confirmed.

Thanks (here's hoping we all get it sorted soon )
AgentOso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by CougerUK View Post
just got this from my ticket supplier, straight from Universal

The Universal Orlando™ 2-Park Explorer Ticket that has not been activated (used) can be upgraded to a 3-Park Explorer Ticket at the following locations within Universal Orlando Resort™
Originally Posted by sunseeker View Post
At this time, there have been no formal announcements regarding upgrade of admission tickets for Universal’s Volcano Bay™ Water Theme Park. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Coordinator, Guest Communication
Universal Orlando Resort™
I wish we would get a single straight answer. Either Universal have clarified that tickets can be upgraded to include Volcano Bay or they haven't. I get the impression one department isn't talking to another.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I wish we would get a single straight answer. Either Universal have clarified that tickets can be upgraded to include Volcano Bay or they haven't. I get the impression one department isn't talking to another.
I would take that UK ticket suppliers have been told it's fine as to the letter/email sent to them but no announcements have been made yet to us the public. I'm confident in what my suppliers are saying in that it's all fine. I will be taking a copy of the letter from Universal to them though just in case
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
wdfan
Gone all Goofy

I was speaking with Universal ticket sales in the US last night and they said to me the 3 park explorer tickets are only valid from 25th May and not before, so for someone like me who will be visiting from 22nd-26th May and wants to visit VB I should buy the 2 park explorer ticket and I could upgrade it to a 3 park explorer ticket when I arrive in Florida. I asked if this would be free since the 2 & 3 park tickets are the same price and was told that hadn't been decided yet. Needless to say I haven't bought tickets yet I am waiting for them to give a proper answer to this issue.

Come on Universal sort this out!
wdfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wdfan View Post
I was speaking with Universal ticket sales in the US last night and they said to me the 3 park explorer tickets are only valid from 25th May and not before, so for someone like me who will be visiting from 22nd-26th May and wants to visit VB I should buy the 2 park explorer ticket and I could upgrade it to a 3 park explorer ticket when I arrive in Florida. I asked if this would be free since the 2 & 3 park tickets are the same price and was told that hadn't been decided yet. Needless to say I haven't bought tickets yet I am waiting for them to give a proper answer to this issue.

Come on Universal sort this out!
I also spoke to Universal last night. They told me the same as what they told you, except that they said, "at this time there are no plans to be able to upgrade the 2 park explorer to the 3 park."
I like you will be visiting 22nd - 26th, I also will not be purchasing tickets until nearer the time when, hopefully, this very odd situation is resolved.

Dave
sunseeker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List