Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 16 Feb 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ah go for it! Id love to surprise my hubbie with one but then we would have no where to put the 2 kids lol ! One day please God when they have flown the nest, we defintely will rent one just for the experience!
Old 16 Feb 17, 10:09 PM  
Link to this Post
sdrfish
Excited about Disney

The mustang is the most awful car I have ever driven. Terrible handling never had a car wobble side to side in corners, awful ride how it find spine jarring jolts on smooth roads is beyond me, very noisy inside, cheap nasty seats, horrid plastic interior and lastly gear box is beyond useless.

Had one for 2 weeks when I was there it was meant to be a positive highlight of the holiday which turned into a don't meet your heroes scenario. I had both the v6 and 2.3 ecoboost engine versions. I was so happy back in the uk to be back in my golf gtd.
sdrfish is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm also undecided on whether to get a mustang or not. So far I've reserved a standard Chrysler 200 (or similar) through Alamo brits, however it's DH's 30th whilst we're away and I know he'd love to drive a muscle car! The one thing I'm worried about is there not being a mustang available when we go to collect our car. We're picking up from the Alamo at Hyatt Regency, so not sure what their availability will be like!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
TEL N KEL
Imagineer

Had one last trip and have one booked for this year.
Is it worth it yes if you want a fun car.
More than 2 people will be a struggle not much room in rear seats.
Luggage space we fit 2 large cases and 2 average size sports holdalls like you would use for the gym all in the boot easy.

Sun burn yes it can happen beware of the head and knees, take precaution and its fine.

Rain if you see it coming pull over get that hood up you can not do it when the car is moving, must be a full stop.

Visibility is poor when the roof is up.

Handling I found to be great we were driving a long when a Sandhill cranes bird standing at the side of the road decided to take flight,right in my path, well there slow and large if I did not swerve to miss it, it would of ended up all over the wind shield.

The car handled great it stuck to the road like glue at 50mph;
Old 19 Feb 17, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyGirl86
Excited about Disney

DisneyGirl86's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Originally Posted by sdrfish View Post
The mustang is the most awful car I have ever driven. Terrible handling never had a car wobble side to side in corners, awful ride how it find spine jarring jolts on smooth roads is beyond me, very noisy inside, cheap nasty seats, horrid plastic interior and lastly gear box is beyond useless.

Had one for 2 weeks when I was there it was meant to be a positive highlight of the holiday which turned into a don't meet your heroes scenario. I had both the v6 and 2.3 ecoboost engine versions. I was so happy back in the uk to be back in my golf gtd.
When hiring a convertible we always use SIXT. Through them we get the Mustang 5.0L V8 GT - absolutely lovely car. Also hired the Camero through them, great car also. However, last time we hired a Mustang through Alamo, and it must have been the most basic Mustang. Wasn't thrilled by that at all, but then we had been spoilt previously with the better specs. I certainly wouldn't pay extra to have a basic model.
Old 19 Feb 17, 02:45 AM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My daughter loved the mustang...

Edited at 02:48 AM.
bLaZeR666_uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 03:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

We 'hired' our friends 2004 Sebring for two winters and even then, on occasion in very slow moving traffic, I had to put up the top up as the sun/heat gave me a headache, that sun burns something wicked, even in the winter. Whilst I wouldn't hesitate to have a topless beast for the winter, I wouldn't in the summer, it's too hot with a high risk of sunburn/sun-stroke that oft people are unaware of due to the breeze.

I've driven topless (the car I hasten to add ) over the 7 Mile Bridge a couple of times - great to see the Gulf on one side, Atlantic on the other, but, given a choice I'd rather have a higher off ground vehicle for the 7 Mile Bridge views.
Old 19 Feb 17, 03:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We've all had one i.e. Me DH and 2 DS that were old enough to drive them general opinion
Great November to April anything between that a right pain because of the bugs it's too hot without AC and getting soaked before the hood goes up in a cloud burst
I loved it hated the Camero at 5ft on a good day I'd a terrible blind spot in the Camero
They all preferred it I loved the Dodge Challenger as did they DH and DS and DDIL and Ds2 DF
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 04:10 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
We've all had one i.e. Me DH and 2 DS that were old enough to drive them general opinion
Great November to April anything between that a right pain because of the bugs it's too hot without AC and getting soaked before the hood goes up in a cloud burst
I loved it hated the Camero at 5ft on a good day I'd a terrible blind spot in the Camero
They all preferred it I loved the Dodge Challenger as did they DH and DS and DDIL and Ds2 DF
My favourite convertible was given by the lad in Fort Myers garage, a Crossfire, oh yeah, loved that nippy cutie Helen - not bad considering I never hire anything other than a two door economy! I was on my own that trip and certainly had fun with Crossie. Next visit, with hubs, I helped myself to a Crossfire again, no two door economy motors, that had two doors, why not Had a ball! Both times was during autumn/winter tho, learnt after nasty sunburn on the left side of my neck that April sun can be harsh when driving MCO to SW Fla.
Old 19 Feb 17, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post

We had one before and have one booked for April, just be aware of the sun, we leave caps and sun lotion in the car
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List