Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 19 Feb 17, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by disneytrio View Post
Wonderful report, loved looking at all your food photos.
Well, thanks very much for that - I am not much of a photographer but I did my best for the Dibb!

Truthfully, I felt rather embarrassed taking the food photos - I was relieved when Poot asked if he could take that job over...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Oh dear poor you. Great to hear about Poot snail love🐌 We should be encouraging children to try food not passing on our hang ups!
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear you came down with the lurgy It's rotten being ill on holiday. So far, I'm the only one in our family who's not been ill at WDW (please don't let me have just jinxed our upcoming holiday!) I'm not ocd or a germaphobe by any stretch of the imagination (our 'lived in' home will confirm that), but when at WDW I do get a bit obsessed with hand washing and sanitising. The rest of the family have learnt from their mistakes and indulge me now

Loved Poor's interaction with the snail lady. Honestly, some people have no filter!

It's the garden festival when we're there and they have 15 food booths too, so I'm looking forward to making good use of the extra snack credit we have this year in lieu of the dessert going from qs meals.

Oh, and we always use snack credits on drinks too (even bottles of water - shhh, don't tell anyone). I figure it's better to use them along the way for things we want/need than to be left with a load at the end to swap for sweets

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Oh dear poor you. Great to hear about Poot snail love🐌 We should be encouraging children to try food not passing on our hang ups!
I totally agree - even the planet would be in a better state if people ate more snails and less beef! I do really like steak, though...

Thanks for your support - and the little snail, too.

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Sorry to hear you came down with the lurgy It's rotten being ill on holiday. So far, I'm the only one in our family who's not been ill at WDW (please don't let me have just jinxed our upcoming holiday!) I'm not ocd or a germaphobe by any stretch of the imagination (our 'lived in' home will confirm that), but when at WDW I do get a bit obsessed with hand washing and sanitising. The rest of the family have learnt from their mistakes and indulge me now

Loved Poor's interaction with the snail lady. Honestly, some people have no filter!

It's the garden festival when we're there and they have 15 food booths too, so I'm looking forward to making good use of the extra snack credit we have this year in lieu of the dessert going from qs meals.

Oh, and we always use snack credits on drinks too (even bottles of water - shhh, don't tell anyone). I figure it's better to use them along the way for things we want/need than to be left with a load at the end to swap for sweets
Now that we've had DDP during one of the festivals - I am convinced that it's the best way for US to use the snack credits. I know your kids are older, but I think even for older kids it can be really fun to "graze" on several things (that they might not otherwise try) rather than sit down to a meal.

The snack credit drinks made me laugh - even the girl behind the counter asked me if I was sure I didn't want to pay OOP!

I was really annoyed with myself about the lurgy - I am also a hand sanitizer toter, but Poot and I ALWAYS start taking an immunoboost-type thing before we go on holiday - and then while we're out there. And this year we ran out on about day 2 - I just hadn't packed enough. And of course, this year we both went down.

Never again!
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Now that we've had DDP during one of the festivals - I am convinced that it's the best way for US to use the snack credits. I know your kids are older, but I think even for older kids it can be really fun to "graze" on several things (that they might not otherwise try) rather than sit down to a meal.
Yes, I agree. I'm lucky that we don't have fussy eaters and we've always encouraged them to try new things by saying that if they don't like it that they don't have to eat it again, but if they do, then that's a new food that they can eat. I try to cook a new recipe every week too (don't always succeed), but always have a safe standby in case they don't like it. So far, I've not needed it, so hopefully I'm doing something right

However, I do have one that doesn't eat chips or potato and one that doesn't eat pizza, so it can be tricky with that sometimes. This year we really want to try Blaze, but know that there's nothing that DD will eat. Fortunately, it seems to be close to D-Luxe burger, so will get her a burger from there while the rest of us have pizza

I think they'll enjoy eating their way around the booths at Epcot and anything they don't like will be extras for DH and me

loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
haha. well done Poot, what a fab answer!

Both of my boys are great eaters as well, there isn't really much they don't like to which I am eternally grateful! I remember on our last trip we were in Teppan Edo and the family at the next "station" were creating a right stink, one of the kids refused to eat anything and sat happily muching his packet of Lays while the family tucked into their meal
Old 20 Feb 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post

Yes, I agree. I'm lucky that we don't have fussy eaters and we've always encouraged them to try new things by saying that if they don't like it that they don't have to eat it again, but if they do, then that's a new food that they can eat. I try to cook a new recipe every week too (don't always succeed), but always have a safe standby in case they don't like it. So far, I've not needed it, so hopefully I'm doing something right

However, I do have one that doesn't eat chips or potato and one that doesn't eat pizza, so it can be tricky with that sometimes. This year we really want to try Blaze, but know that there's nothing that DD will eat. Fortunately, it seems to be close to D-Luxe burger, so will get her a burger from there while the rest of us have pizza

I think they'll enjoy eating their way around the booths at Epcot and anything they don't like will be extras for DH and me
Not that you asked...but Blaze does salads, too.

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
haha. well done Poot, what a fab answer!

Both of my boys are great eaters as well, there isn't really much they don't like to which I am eternally grateful! I remember on our last trip we were in Teppan Edo and the family at the next "station" were creating a right stink, one of the kids refused to eat anything and sat happily muching his packet of Lays while the family tucked into their meal
Hmm..we saw something similar at Boma on our visit there (back in 2012) - the parents were eating from the buffet, but all the kids (some of whom were teens) just had bowls of macaroni and cheese - and the mother of the family was trying to convince their waitress that they should only have to pay for that...

I try and remember that some people (perhaps on the autistic spectrum, or what have you) really struggle with new/unfamiliar food - but that snail woman was just rude!

As always, thanks for your comments, 2littleboys - I look forward to your replies!
Old 20 Feb 17, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Not that you asked...but Blaze does salads, too.
Thank you. She's not really into salads, but I am, so that's handy to know. I did so love the 'create your own salad' station at POR last year.

Just looking at the menu and it's not very informative! What does 'simple salad' mean

I've found a photo of salads there, so maybe it's a choice of one of those and then you add your topping? Does this look familiar to you?

Edited at 01:31 PM.
Old 20 Feb 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you. She's not really into salads, but I am, so that's handy to know. I did so love the 'create your own salad' station at POR last year.

Just looking at the menu and it's not very informative! What does 'simple salad' mean

I've found a photo of salads there, so maybe it's a choice of one of those and then you add your topping? Does this look familiar to you?
Yes, I think you can choose 1 of those and then add chicken or what have you for a (nominal) extra charge.

The people in front of us in the queue ordered one (a chicken Caesar) - I thought it looked like pretty good value for (cash) money, but I don't know how it shook out on the DDP. I'm pretty certain that one of the pizzas and a small salad would easily feed two adults.
Old 20 Feb 17, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Yes, I think you can choose 1 of those and then add chicken or what have you for a (nominal) extra charge.

The people in front of us in the queue ordered one (a chicken Caesar) - I thought it looked like pretty good value for (cash) money, but I don't know how it shook out on the DDP. I'm pretty certain that one of the pizzas and a small salad would easily feed two adults.
Thank you. That will certainly help with the veg intake

I'm not quite sure why vegetables seem to be lacking over there, but I'm always scouring the menus for things that include more. I don't count their Caesar salads which you seem to be able to get everywhere as that's just iceberg lettuce drowned in dressing