Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 26 Jan 17, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss AliJS
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Karent74 View Post
Just got my Kipling multiple for our upcoming trip. Can't wait to use it now! Thanks for the tip 😁
Just ordered mine too, thanks. Like the look of it.
OCT 2018- Emerald Island/HRH
OCT 2019- Back to Windsor Hills/Portofino Bay
OCT 2020 and 2021- Not to be
APRIL 2022- New York
JUNE 2022- Rosen Inn LBV/RPR
APRIL 2023- Emerald Island/Endless Summer
OCT 2024- Emerald Island/RPR
Miss AliJS is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post

I was going to start one of these threads myself! I like the look of the Kipling Multiple, but would it be big enough to take a moderate size compact camera in a case with room for plenty of other stuff too? It looks like it would, but I figured it was best to ask first!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jesthar View Post
I was going to start one of these threads myself! I like the look of the Kipling Multiple, but would it be big enough to take a moderate size compact camera in a case with room for plenty of other stuff too? It looks like it would, but I figured it was best to ask first!
It wouldn't really fit my Canon compact well with space left over for other things! If I don't remember wrongly mine would fit my wallet and phone and a few other small things and that was it...

Will try to take a picture when I have time...

Edit - actually I just looked at mine again and it looks a bit bigger than I remember! Probably could fit my Canon compact with my wallet and phone. I'll give it a go when I have some time

Edited at 01:34 PM.
sky13 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I use one of mine for daily use.

In it at the moment I have

A kindle, a purse, two pairs of glasses in cases, my phone, sundry makeup and ladies products in the back pocket. A couple of pens, my keys, a bottle of hand sanitiser. A tube of polos. Some interesting looking lottery tickets I had forgotten I had. and a packet of tissues.

I usually put in mine for the parks, my phone, camera (it is a small flat one no sticking out lens), hand sanitiser, small bottle of suncream (one of the small refillable bottles from ASDA) and some sweets, the car keys and the sat nav and the tickets.

But it depends on what size all your doings are ! It is more spacious than you think and the zips are robust so you can ram quite a lot of stuff in and the zips still close with no fear of popping open.

Plus you can fling it in the wash when it all gets a bit grubby.
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks, guys My camera is a very good Canon compact (and a present), so I'm not keen to have it off my person! Do people also take backpacks for non-critical stuff like water bottles, packed lunches etc?
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:50 PM  
Link to this Post

You can do. There are lockers at the start of the parks for disney and universal and at some rides for Universal. We try to limit the amount that we bring in. Esp water. Got the kids drinking "Mickey water" from the water fountains rather than taking our own.

We dont take packed lunches either, we tend to fill up before we arrive and snack while there.

You do have standard bag inspection as you go through the gates and you see people taking in all sorts. I would try and minimise it personally, unless you have a dedicated non-rider who is happy to hold everything for everybody all the time ?!
Old 31 Jan 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Jesthar View Post
Thanks, guys My camera is a very good Canon compact (and a present), so I'm not keen to have it off my person! Do people also take backpacks for non-critical stuff like water bottles, packed lunches etc?
I just carried a water bottle, had small bottle of sun tan lotion in my Kipling. I don't like to lug too much around the parks or shops. My Fuji camera fitted in well, a small amount of money, phone and that's all.

If you take a packed lunch, I would use a plastic bag and then have nothing to carry around empty.
Old 31 Jan 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Cheers, everyone - I'm learning loads! A colleague who has been before just heartily recommended the Kipling Multiple too, so I've decided to order one
Old 31 Jan 17, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Do check prices though - there are lots of them around. It often depends on colour. Amazon usually has a good range and I have seen quite a few on ebay and have bought second hand kiplings off there in the past.

QVC often has some random deals too.
Old 31 Jan 17, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

So I have I - a black one; I'll pass the monkey to my DD though! Husband has a small Decathlon backpack which I've seen recommended on here so between us we should be good to go. Have DDP so no picnics to carry -going hands-free
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List