Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 15 Feb 17, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
So it looks like they can see what we have actually paid.
This is precisely what Disney tell you if you ask in writing.
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Sarah84
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Twiggy1953 View Post
Update 2. So I have just been to the Welcome Centre in Disney Springs and she was only giving me $421 for my 21 day ticket against a annual pass. I queried it saying a U.K. Ultimate is £439 at the moment (didnt lie and said I'd paid that), and she said it was based on what the travel company (Disney UK) had paid as part of the package. So it looks like they can see what we have actually paid.
so had you paid around £340 for your ticket (think thats roughly what $421 is atm)
Sarah84 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 02:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sarah84 View Post
so had you paid around £340 for your ticket (think thats roughly what $421 is atm)
Yes £350 direct to Disney UK as part of the free dining package.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 04:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Twiggy1953
Apprentice Imagineer

Twiggy1953's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by cismwynn View Post
Have you used the ticket yet?
Yes I have.
Twiggy1953 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

This is worrying me greatly that there are so many lucks of the draw depending on who you speak to.
So now I am thinking that we should use our passes and upgrade later as we want to upgrade to DVC annuals- however the DVC one we want does not have water parks and the 14 day ultimate we want to upgrade to does!
How in earth will they do that except for us pay the difference on what we paid originally, exchange rate it and pay the difference against the upgrade?
So if that is the case if we had done it at the beginning before use we would lose the water park days but if we do it after our 11 nights free dining and move to DVC, just before we go home, we win and get the water parks for our stay but not the next time.
I have a feeling that one will confuse them even more.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Twentyyears View Post
This is worrying me greatly that there are so many lucks of the draw depending on who you speak to.
So now I am thinking that we should use our passes and upgrade later as we want to upgrade to DVC annuals- however the DVC one we want does not have water parks and the 14 day ultimate we want to upgrade to does!
How in earth will they do that except for us pay the difference on what we paid originally, exchange rate it and pay the difference against the upgrade?
So if that is the case if we had done it at the beginning before use we would lose the water park days but if we do it after our 11 nights free dining and move to DVC, just before we go home, we win and get the water parks for our stay but not the next time.
I have a feeling that one will confuse them even more.
I think that if you've used the waterpark part of the 14 day ticket, they will not let you upgrade to the basic pass.
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
I think that if you've used the waterpark part of the 14 day ticket, they will not let you upgrade to the basic pass.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
That's my understanding as well.
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
That's my understanding as well.
To be honest I thought that but when they talk about using the price you paid and then putting that towards an annual you do wonder...
Old 19 Feb 17, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
This is right unfortunately, we tried to upgrade ours using the dvc discount, the boys had used mini golf on the ultimates which I had forgotten about! They wouldn't let us upgrade to the basic pass . It also took 4 cm's to try and work out what the price should be and even how to do it! This was at Epcot customer services? We decided not to bother in the end so I can't remember the price they eventually got to!