Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Feb 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Wild Africa trek at ak

Anyone done this is it worth it?
What's it like ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

We did it for my 50th! DW had it all booked as a surprise. We loved it well worth the money. DW has a fear of heights and mangaged the rope bridge. It was a fantastic way to spend my birthday morning.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
dipsydoodle
Excited about Disney

We did this last year and thought it was well worth the money. We got individual metal animal kingdom flasks which we got to keep - made a lovely souvenir. The walking bit was fun especially the rope bridges over the hippos and the crocs. I felt that we got so much closer to the animals on the safari bit and they provided binoculars and the vehicle stops so you get a fair amount of time to get a good look. The meal is lovely as well They also have a dedicated photographer on the tour and give you access to all the photos taken on the tour along with their standard animal photos - we really enjoyed it

dipsydoodle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
returnplanning
Imagineer

Another vote here - we all had an amazing time. The guides were great - very personable and knowledgable, and getting more time close up to the animals was good. Someone in our party (not our family group) was nervous of heights and the guides were very gentle and encouraging with her.

Lots of great photos as well.
returnplanning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
little tink
slightly serious Dibber

We did it last year and had a great time! 100% recommend!

You get to see the animals close up and the guides are very knowledgable. You first get clipped on to see the hippos and crocodiles up close while the guides feed them to entice them closer. You then get to walk across a few bridges which was really fun. Also, you get an ear piece so you can hear everything the guides are saying.

You then get to go on a safari truck (different from the ones on Kilimanjaro Safari) where you get to stop and look at the animals closer. We also got provided with ice towels at this point which were great as they cooled us down loads!

Half way through the safari you then go to what they call a boma which overlooks the savannah while you eat some food before continuing on the safari. It's great as the guides take photos of you and the animals as you go round which you get included in the price as well.

It was a great experience and definitely recommend.

Little Tink
little tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Not done it but heard lots of great things about it. Dibber Aimee has lots of pics and info in one of her trip reports (sorry, can't remember its name/year) might be worth searching for that if you are undecided?
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 17, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

I did it on my honeymoon and I loved it.

I wrote a review on my blog here
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 17, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Wow it looks amazing I am scared of heights so dh is worried I will bottle the bridges but im up for a challenge!
I think it would make our special trip this year for my 40th and our 15 yr wedding anniversary dh just needs convincing!
He would rather upgrade ddp to table service!
Old 7 Feb 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post

We did this and had a brilliant morning. Read about it here:

https://DIBB.in/11409664
Old 7 Feb 17, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
little tink
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by The Hardys View Post
Wow it looks amazing I am scared of heights so dh is worried I will bottle the bridges but im up for a challenge!
I think it would make our special trip this year for my 40th and our 15 yr wedding anniversary dh just needs convincing!
He would rather upgrade ddp to table service!
I'm scared of heights as well and wobbly bridges but I really enjoyed it and was 100% glad I did it! The bridges weren't that wobbly and you're too busy looking at the animals to worry about the height. You feel very safe with all the harnesses as well.

Little Tink
little tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List