Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 14 Feb 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Kaz007
Trainee Dibber

We're only doing Disney this time too.

I'd love to go back to Universal, and every time we've been to Orlando we've always done Disney and Universal. However this is the first time (7th visit!) that we're 'only' going for two weeks ... We've always previously gone for three weeks. So we're on,y doing Disney this time.

We'll have our daughters, 6 and 3 ... Plus an approx 8ish week old (holiday was booked before I was pregnant) and want to take the holiday at a slightly slower pace. Not doing Universal means we've got more time in Disney over the two weeks ... Which our girls prefer as they're quite young (and height wise too short) for many of the rides at Universal.

Cost does have a big baring too! So we'll be skiping Universal until the girls are older ... Even though both Hubby and I enjoy Universal just as much as Disney!

Edited at 08:03 PM.
Kaz007 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
grottyrotty
Imagineer

Difficult decisions.

I've just had to decide too, and we have decided to cut Disney out this time Universal only for us this trip. But at least my kids are 23 and 25 so are happy to just be invited along

Deb
Old 15 Feb 17, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post

LOL Deb,

Yes, I know what you mean... we haven't been for 10 years but taking our daughter and 6 year old grand-daughter in October for what will be her 7th Birthday.

Our macho man, independent 24 year old son who hasn't gone on holiday with us 'oldies' for YEARS asked pleadingly if we were taking him too and not leaving him behind Orlando turns men into kids...

Originally Posted by grottyrotty View Post
Difficult decisions.

I've just had to decide too, and we have decided to cut Disney out this time Universal only for us this trip. But at least my kids are 23 and 25 so are happy to just be invited along

Deb
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
fefifoe
Apprentice Imagineer

fefifoe's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I had to have the same chat with my kids with regards next years holiday. We have been going every 2 years but due to my son reaching exam years we are no longer willing to take him out of school for holidays meaning we have to go during summer 2018 instead of later in the year, I explained to the kids that as we have less time to save it will mean cutbacks. I was lucky that mine all love Disney so are happy enough just to be going back and haven't really complained about missing Universal next time.
Old 17 Feb 17, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

I would love to do Universal again, but sadly it's too expensive with Disney tickets.

In September I'm planning to attend a Halloween party, even that would be cheaper then 1 day and easier logistically too.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 17, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Yup just too expensive for us... we are doing a NY-Orlando split holiday and will only have 11 days in Florida so it's Disney and Kennedy Space Centre only this time...

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 12:53 AM  
Link to this Post
thegazp
Getting Excited

thegazp's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
I'm not sure how much this helps, but MagicalTickets.co.uk have th 2 day par-to-park ticket for £175, or a 2 day base ticket (no park-topark) for £148 (recorded delivery was £15-20 if I recall).

As others have said, if you aren't interested in going, then tickets for just 2 people isn't sooooo bad.

It's the former ticket option we're going with, but it still irks me how much it's gone up since 2015.

magicaltickets/univ...ndo_resort.php

EDIT: for reassurance, I used this company last November to book my parent's 5 day Disney World tickets. There's a UK number to call to book and ral tickets came in the post via recorded delivery the following week.

Edited at 12:55 AM.
thegazp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 02:10 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by thegazp View Post
(recorded delivery was £15-20 if I recall).

magicaltickets/univ...ndo_resort.php

EDIT: for reassurance, I used this company last November to book my parent's 5 day Disney World tickets. There's a UK number to call to book and ral tickets came in the post via recorded delivery the following week.
I think you have the delivery price wrong... ? From their website:\

Is there an additional charge for postage?
We strongly advise that you use our next day, special delivery option. This service provides insurance, proof of posting and delivery. It costs £6.15 for orders under £1,000 to U.K. addresses, a small price to pay for the security it offers. This service is free for orders over £1,000.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
thegazp
Getting Excited

thegazp's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 9
Originally Posted by mike230652 View Post
I think you have the delivery price wrong... ? From their website:\

Is there an additional charge for postage?
We strongly advise that you use our next day, special delivery option. This service provides insurance, proof of posting and delivery. It costs £6.15 for orders under £1,000 to U.K. addresses, a small price to pay for the security it offers. This service is free for orders over £1,000.
It seems so, that's much cheaper then. I added the delivery bit form memory whilst brushing my teeth. The perils of multi-tasking.
thegazp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 17, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are not doing Disney next time just Universal/discovery Cove/Seaworld.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List